• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Jasper- who has some big paws to fill.

sugarnspice

Young Bun
Totally out of the blue- I get a text last night telling me that a new bunny has been bought. Like I said, totally out of the blue as there was no plans to buy a bunny at all. My Dad went to Pets at Home, saw one he really liked, dragged my mum along who also really liked him (which is surprising as she really didn't want another bunny yet). Part of me would really like to believe that this Scampi's engineering from 'up there', as I have been feeling really quite down the past few days.

So, meet 'Jasper' (I named him, sort of... the name always picks itself though doesn't it? I said to my dad 'Look at the markings around his eyes... what was the name of the highwayman?' '**** Turpin' 'Oh... maybe not then!'), 12 weeks old or so.
DSC02954.jpg

DSC02932.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

He is seriously cute- My guess is part Netherland Dwarf? As soon as he's used to being handled we'll take him to the vets and get everything checked (as well as double checking his 'manhood'... I'm not entirely convinced he won't end up a little girl!)
I sat next to the cage today and explained (for all the good it would do!), that he has got some incredibly big paws to fill. Seeing a bunny again has brought it home just how much I miss Scampi. I was flicking through the pictures of Jasper that I had taken, and it went around to the beginning of them, which is pictures of Scampi. Sad as it is, I just burst into tears :oops:. It's also realised, with building a new bond with this little chap, just how much of one I had with Scampi- he was a true little friend.
Scampi4-1.jpg

However, all that being said Jasper isn't he to replace Scampi- nor will he mean Scampi is forgotten. He is such a little character and has been really making me laugh with the thigns he's been doing. I can tell 'bunny-proofing' is going to be needed everywhere!! Right now I can see he is stood up on his back legs having a look around. Bless him, earlier he was stood right up on his back legs and he lost balance and fell over- he just picked himself up. He is also obsessed with food- which might be something to keep an eye on!

He is gorgeous,
Im so sorry about Scampi though.

I still miss my mops, who looked so much like your scampi :D and as much as I utterly adore delly and ogs, they wont fill the mopsy place.

I hope we will see many more photos of this gorgeous little man! :love:

Back