• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Third Bun's the Charm?

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I'm sure you all must be annoyed of all my psychotic wishing and hoping for things to work out between Milo and Eddison, but I had one last (possibly solid) idea for healing the rift between them. I would really appreciate any input, and I swear this is my last "bright idea". :oops:

Is it possible to add a third bunny to the mix (presumably a female) to see if it changes the dynamic between these two buns? As both my males are submissive, with Eddison having some territorial issues, I wonder if a strong female could put them in their place.

At the very least, I wonder if I should try it, and if at least two of the buns bond, I could either keep the pair or the single bun and rehome the other(s).

Is this a real possibility and has anyone ever tried this?

ETA: I have considered two separate pairs, but I cannot afford 4 buns. Three is at my limit, and even then I would have to really review my budget. This is just a last ditch effort.

Last edited:
i think that it may do two things
1. create the perfect trio with the girlie keeping them in line
2. cause utter mayhem while they fight over who gets the girl...

im sorry its not what you want to hear i would ask a local rescue if they would try to bond them with a 3rd rabbit for you and go from there if they cant do it its unlikley to work. x

also i think you could also try 2 females to make 2 pairs (not sure a foursome would work) then that way every bunny happy...also you wouldnt want to rehome surely? or is it a space issue?

Hi I can only speak from my experience but my 2 boys used to fight in the garden (only the garden so that was a bit odd) but since we got Sparkle there is no fighting at all. I think they are too busy wanting to be with her or she just changed the dynamic. Really don't know why. She doesn't live with them full time - during the day and not at night - but it has worked really well. Not saying it would for you but thought you might like to know how it worked for us. We have 3 very happy buns here and a very relieved bun mum who hated to see Tyson and Bruno fighting (although I guess with their names you'd kind of expect it lol) hope this helps a bit

i think that it may do two things
1. create the perfect trio with the girlie keeping them in line
2. cause utter mayhem while they fight over who gets the girl...

im sorry its not what you want to hear i would ask a local rescue if they would try to bond them with a 3rd rabbit for you and go from there if they cant do it its unlikley to work. x

also i think you could also try 2 females to make 2 pairs (not sure a foursome would work) then that way every bunny happy...also you wouldnt want to rehome surely? or is it a space issue?

I currently can't afford 4 rabbits, as my budget just can't handle it. Three buns is a stretch, but if there's a possibility, I'm willing to try and rework my budget to manage it.

I edited my original post to make that more clear.

But I think maybe trying to bond three at a rescue is a good idea if there is a chance of success. I've already e-mailed the woman at the closest competent rescue here :)roll:) and I'm waiting to hear her response too.

Thanks for the input!

Hi I can only speak from my experience but my 2 boys used to fight in the garden (only the garden so that was a bit odd) but since we got Sparkle there is no fighting at all. I think they are too busy wanting to be with her or she just changed the dynamic. Really don't know why. She doesn't live with them full time - during the day and not at night - but it has worked really well. Not saying it would for you but thought you might like to know how it worked for us. We have 3 very happy buns here and a very relieved bun mum who hated to see Tyson and Bruno fighting (although I guess with their names you'd kind of expect it lol) hope this helps a bit

Thanks for that. I'm just trying to gather information on success and failures, so I'll add this to the success column with an open mind. :)

Back