• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly's going.

bunny foo foo

Alpha Buck
My parents said I cannot take proper care of her as I am going into high school. Please if anybody lives in California and willing to take her please let me know. :cry:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! This is a UK based board, so you aren't likely to find a new home for her from a member here, but the best thing you could do is find a rabbit rescue in your area. Try to research them also to find the best one. Please don't just post her on the internet for just anyone. A proper rabbit rescue is the best way to go.

Goodness!
Can your parents not reconsider?
Or do you have any friends or family she could go to?
This must be terrible for you!

I would just ask your parents why high school means you can't properly care for a bunny? You can feed her before you go to school and when you get home, and just let her out to run while you do homework. I honestly feel like there is never an "easy" time to care for a rabbit, so I think it could be a good lesson for you to learn to juggle two things.

Maybe ask your parents to have a "trial" for the first semester. See if you can care for a rabbit and do well in school for a semester. If you can, keep Milly. If you can't, then look for a rescue where she can get cared for as she needs.

At least worth a shot! :)

I would just ask your parents why high school means you can't properly care for a bunny? You can feed her before you go to school and when you get home, and just let her out to run while you do homework. I honestly feel like there is never an "easy" time to care for a rabbit, so I think it could be a good lesson for you to learn to juggle two things.

Maybe ask your parents to have a "trial" for the first semester. See if you can care for a rabbit and do well in school for a semester. If you can, keep Milly. If you can't, then look for a rescue where she can get cared for as she needs.

At least worth a shot! :)
oh my gosh, i showed kmy parents this and they agreed! They said if I can juggle my guinea pigs and bunny and do homework and swim, I could keep her. :shock: Thank you guys, this really means a lot to me. :D

Back