• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I a bad person U/D BABIES!!!!!!!

Benjybunnyboo

Alpha Buck
I adopted a rabbit, my friend adopted a bun. I adopted another, she adopted another. I go to visit and she is letting her new girl bun out in garden with her male bun, which she doesnt know if neutered or not :shock: I advise her and say she will have kits, but she dont listen. Anyhow i think how can i adopt bhut let this go on, so i report her to my RSPCA centre where i got my 2 boys and where ahe got her girly. They do homevisit and take her away, then visit me. The male was neuterd thankfully (as he was alot bigger than her) but she had water infection and was bleeding. My friend didnt know it was me, but i think she does now as she not answering txts. I feel i did right by bun, but i know they will get another and as I feel i have lost our friendship, i cant keep eye on new bun and who's to say the bun taken will go to a good home anyway. I keep thinking that i should pay for her to be spayed as the centre cannot afford to spay all their buns. Have i just made things worse by trying to help her?:(

Well i went to my RSPCA centre today and Fluffy had 4 babies on Sun night.:shock: 1 still born.:( her infection is so bad that they thought she had cut herself. Basically if she hadnt been placed on a very high dosage of antibiotics she and her babies would have died. I am so sad and now want to adopt her when she is able to leave centre and babies, as i will always worry about her,dont think i'll be allowed too due to her history with my so called friend, who is talking to me and doesnt know it was me but i really am disgusted in her and her partner for not having a responsible bone in their bodies, or listening to me in the first place. Poor,poor Fluffy.:cry::cry:

Last edited:
No i dont think you are a bad person, i think you did what you thought best.
Hopefully they wont get another bun.
I would still try to speak to my friend (if you still call her that) even if only to find out her bun situation. x

I think you were quite brave - it must have been a hard thing to do. You may have lost a friend but you have probably saved that bun from unnecessary suffering.

I agree with Kermit though, contact your friend again and see if you can talk to her. Good luck :)

Thank you both for your advice. It was a difficult decision and she isnt answering my txts so i guess thats it. In a way i feel relieved as i dont have to see the way her animals are being treated. Shes not cruel just uneducated and not as into animals like i am, also her partner isnt the best animal lover, he sees a road kill as lunch:shock:

Its a shame, but there are always going to be folk like this in the world.
I suppose you are maybe better off without her, youll just have to have the RU friends on here instead :D

sorry, I must be a bit thick - If the male was neutered, then who's the father?? Or had she only just had him done?

Back