• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cheese

ostaragirl

Warren Scout
One of my buns loves cheese. When I'm grating it I give him a tiny piece and he licks and licks my hand until it's clean. His fave is parmesan and seems to love stronger varieties. I don't give him much but he just goes nuts for the stuff. Does anyone have cheese loving buns?

Ummmm, yeah, I'd steer clear from cheese if I was you. Why not invest in some special bunny treats, I'll bet he'll love them even more! :)

I wouldn't recommend deliberately giving them any cheese, but years ago I did have a house bun which would do anything to steal stuff with cheese spread on it, it would generally get dragged all over the carpet before I got it back :roll::lol:

My bunny Tabby was a food thief, and yes, she had cheese, and much worse besides. We had to start keeping her in the run whenever we had a bbq because she would run out, steal something and then run down a hole she made earlier, lol.

I think the worst thing she ever ate was a burger! She even ate a bit of sausage, stole biscuits, cheese (plastic as in the sheets of cheese and chunks), chocolate, bread, tomoatoes, yorkshire puddings, cereals, ice cream.... she'd try anything. Naughty girl :no:

Didnt kill her or make her poorly though.

I had a jammy dodger last night and Rimmi was on my lap and he stole a bite before I knew what was happening. I hope hes not going to become the next 'fatty' (my nickname for Tabby)

I have aboarder in at the moment and she as a tiny piece of cheese every night. Her owners brought a little bag of cheese cut into tiny cubes for her. She is 6yrs old and is as healthy as anything:). It isn't something I would give my own.

buns do like some funny things biggles used to nick my honey on toast run off with a crust lil blighter i think they do like to try differant stuff more so if it smells sweet

Deffo not something I would ever allow my lot to have.

Buns shouldn't have any dairy. I think that they are so likely to have upsets anyway with their sensitive guts that I wouldn't risk anything at all that is going to cause a problem.

I am a hard bunny mummy, but I like to think that because my lot only get very natural treats, I am helping them to stay healthy.

My Archie is the same, he is a food stealer. He'll jump on the sofa and literally snatch the food out of your hands. Last night i was enoying a bag of jelly babies and he heard the packaging and bombed it over to me. Within about 2 secs and before i knew what was happening he had snatched the pack out of my hand and was on the floor with it. I have never moved so quick! He didn't get a bite and then went and sulked in the corner!

Back