• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating non edible

tkdkat

Young Bun
Hi

I had rubber mats down but the new bun started eating them, vet checked her over said no signs of bloating, so I covered mats with a quilt cover. Little ****** has been eating the quilt now instead.

Any suggestions what I can safely put down over mats, can't use the original carpet as it's rented accomodation and I promised no damage from the rabbits...

Advice gratefully received :D

Sorry I meant for the run, not the hutch..

I've got boxes down with hay in, its for a run over 5ft x 6ft, I can't cover that area with hay :D

whats under the rubber matting? is it on concrete? unless your bunnies are prone to sore hocks the concrete should be fine alone. you could place wood down on the floor.

Is it the edges of the matting that are being chewed? Could you put them under the sides of the run? Or fasten them to the floor?

She is a house bunny and in a bedroom, I put the mats down to protect the landlords carpet. The mats are the kids play soft mats which fit together like a jigsaw and shes nibbling the edges where you join them together..

Would a rug, or going to buy an off piece of carpet work?

Im not there all day to supervise

the set up is on here a little way down http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=186413 under tkdkat, it is finished now though

Last edited:
Go to B&Q and get a piece of vinyl flooring for less than £15. I use it in my indoor run and have had no problems at all. It's big enough for my 6 foot by 6 foot run and they can't get hold of the edges to chew it so it would definitely do the trick for you as well. It's a standard item in their stores so you shouldn't have any problem getting it.

Back