• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digestive biscuits?

GBNI

Warren Scout
OH had Joey out for a wee run and let him have a nibble of his digestive biscuits :shock: Is this bad for him? As I imagine they are quite sugary.

Strawberry stole a whole chocolate finger yesterday and has lived to tell the tale so im sure a bite of a digestive won't do any harm!

A little bit once is unlikely to do any harm.

Our old bunny Sweep was a big lover of Digestives (our vet suggests a little if you are having trouble getting them to eat after an op) and he lived to age 9.

Hi,

Stevie my lionhead as a very sweet tooth.

We cant leave biscuits, chocolate or cereals anywhere he can get them. Hes worst than a dog for his behaviour if im eating them. He usually jumps straight up on my knee and will try to eat the other side of whatever ive got whilst im putting it in my mouth. Same goes for bananas, apples and pears. My OH once left his toast on the chair arm went in the kitchen to fetch something and when he came back Stevie had jumped up took the toast of the plate and was sat eating it.

I have just got another rabbit and there is no way im letting her even taste biscuits, toast etc. Its not really good for them and has led to bad behaviour in the case of stevie. Although most people think its funny.

Erica

Whether they taste it or not there sense of smell will attract them too it! I had never let Strawberry taste a Haribo sweet before but he still hounded me for one! I cant eat anything while he is free ranging or he is all over me trying to get food.

Lola is a sugar monster - she stole my Cornetto wrapper and hid behind the sofa licking the ice cream off! She can smell sugar a mile off. We have to be so careful!

Im sure it wont do any harm.

My partners mum used to have a house rabbit, who lived to the ripe old age of ten and he had a slice of brown toast every morning and shared a digestive biscuit with her everyday! I am by no means saying that you should give your bun a bite of a digestive everyday but it certainly didn't do him any harm, when given alongside a normal diet!

My bun loves a nibble on a digestive too! :D

Back