• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex Bunnies

Lu_x

Mama Doe
I was just curious about Rex bunnies and whether there are any particular 'personality' traits that they may have?

I have never had a rex bun before. I am used to dwarf lops, lionheads and dutch buns. But since getting my lovely new rex boy home I have noticed he seems to love digging! Whether he's out in the room or on my bed or in his cage or his litter tray he's trying to dig!

I have honestly never had a digger bun before so this is quite unusual for me lol! He's only 8-9 weeks old so I suppose he may calm down.

If anyone knows anything about typical rex behaviour/characteristics I'd love to know more!

Thats why my rex was given up and named Houdini :lol: although he has never dug here or tried to escape. I absolutly love him to bits, he is my fav bunny but dont tell the others :oops:

Bless him! Houdini is a great name! My bunny has been named Velcro- my partner named him, so I can't be blamed!

It's really different watching him, he just behaves so differently to Josie.

Hi

I love rex bunnies, they are my favourites by far! out of all the rex's i have had in the past, i can confirm that most of them are diggers, nibblers, shredders! I honestly think they seem to have a lot of wild instincts.
If i was you, i would get him a cat litter tray, fill it with kids play sand. He will love it! My rex's will dig in it for hours :lol:
Rex's seem to have more about them that other breeds, they love to play but seem to hate being picked up :roll: and carried. They also like there ears tickling :D
Also watch out for there claws, they seem to have sharper claws than other breeds. My peter bunny..

P9030018.jpg

My Treacle bunny..

treacle.jpg

Back