• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat jingle ball?

Loosy

Warren Veteran
Heh, this is really random, apologies. I've been trying to find more toys that Pipkin likes (he doesn't chew/gnaw really, which is what most rabbit toys seem to be aimed at...) and today I bought a little cat ball with a bell in it (this sort with the sort of bobbly plastic). I just wondered whether this looks ok to give to a rabbit? I guess the plastic will be ok since it's supposed to be given to cats...
If you don't think it's a good idea I'll just give it to my cats :)

If anyone has any other ideas for toys that'd be great cause I'm really stuck. He just sticks his nose up at most things I bring home -_-
He likes nudging things about. He has one of those cardboard chube things that he rolls around. He also likes to throw things about. He usually has a loo roll tube that I fill with stuff (hay and treats) then once he's emptied it he'll pick it up and throw it (he does this with his hay cakes as well). I just don't know what else I can get for a non-chewing bunny :shock: lol

Thanks!

I don't know about the ball because of the little pieces that could come off it. But if your rabbit doesn't like to chew or gnaw then it should be okay. My bunny like the balls that she can get her teeth into and toss around. Other good ideas are, big cardboard boxes with more than one entrance, a sheet of newspaper to shred and hide under, carrots tied to the top of the cage, as you said, things stuffed with hay with carrot in the middle, things like that. Good luck! :)

Ok, thanks :) I think I'll try him with it and see if he manages to pull any of the little bits off. My cats never seemed to...
The cardboard box sounds a good idea. I'm gonna have a raid of the house now to see if I can find any empty ones ^_^
Thanks!

Have you tried your bun with the balls made from willow sticks, perhaps try stuffing one with some hay for her?

I wouldn't risk the ball, as it could be unsafe if she does decide to chew it. Maybe under close supervision it would be ok?

My two have plastic balls with bells in and havent managed to break them despite being chewers.

ETA- just looked at the piccie and I wouldnt give my buns that incase pieces of glitter come off and they eat them.

He's got a willow ball in his run at the moment but he just ignores it... lol. That's why I wanted one with a bell in. Thought it might make it more interesting for him.. hehe.
The ball isn't actually glittery at all. It's just the way the plastic is formed that makes it look sorta bobbly. I think I may just give this one to my cats anyway and look for a better bunny-safe one :)
I guess this sort of thing would be better? (It has a rabbit on the label anyway ^_^)

Similar prob to yours. Got mine a sort of "rat" doll on elastic with bell, cat toy for him, tied it up, & he had a wonderful time throwing it over his shoulders, & pinging the elastic. Also got him a cat "hamster" toy. Not interested in the movement, but liked to pick it up by the ring at the back & shake it.

I guess this sort of thing would be better? (It has a rabbit on the label anyway ^_^)

We've got two of these for our buns, they seem to quite like them & haven't destroyed them yet! :D

We had to throw away the rabbit treat-dispensing ball (with the carrots on the side) cos the buns got cross and chewed straight through the side!:shock:

Back