• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your bunnies copy each other?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Since we got Snowdrop she has always made a grunting noise when there is something she doesnt like. If we are trying to pick her up or give her meds then she grunts quite loudly at us.

Strawberry has always been a stamper! Whenever we put him down after holidng him he stamps at us to show his disgust!

Anyways tonight when I tried to catch Strawberry he grunted at me! He has never done it before! Then as soon as I put Snowdrop down she stamped her foot!

Very odd!

Yep!! I've noticed Buddy being alot more like Joey now he used to be pretty laid back but since he's been bonded with Joey he's turning into a real wee firecracker...just like his daddy:roll::lol:

Here too.. I always thought Hiro was Mr Stampy, but now it seems Kiki has suprised me. Whenever I bring their food out they end up chasing each other going round and round in a little circle :D

Yep, absolutely.

Our new bonding of the recent arrival Noah at ARC with my bunny Harriet has meant that he has already started to eat much better. Harriet now loves her hay and Noah is copying her.

the water bottle :roll: i have 2 buns in living room 2 in bedroom if one lot start drinking then the other two do drives me nuts

Yeah! :lol:

This has proved useful, and er, not useful for me.

I've had my bunnies copy one another in using litter trays, drinking more water, eating more hay, getting used to sitting still when carried in and out of the garden, etc.

But they've also taught one another stamping, grumbling, scrabbling/digging and trying to mug anyone with food...

They don't only copy other buns, they copy humans too! Eg I was digging holes to put in some plants, & watered the bottom of the hole. Thumper went crackers on a digging spree nearby & wee'd in his holes. (no he didn't put plants in)
Also warms his bum against the fire like me. :oops::oops::oops:

OMG yes.B has always been a digger but never a chewer until Dill came along.I bought her a carrot patch last year & 6months later it looked as good as when I bought it[pre Dill]-bought Dill a carrot tree for his birthday & they have both demolished that!!Also B eats more now cos she sees Dill eating & thinks shes missing out.Dill copys B when daddy shakes the treat box.He used to be shy & hang back when B went mad but now he runs & climbs over Daddy too!!Its so sweet to see.

Yep - one will start grooming (ears/feet) and then another will do the same. We call them 'bookends' when they do this as they make such good matching pairs!:roll::lol:

Yes - mine do too. Daisy never used to attack her mattress bed, but since Jester arrived and showed her how much fun it is they've both spent many happy hours destroying it. In return Daisy has shown Jester how to strip wallpaper, nibble skirting boards, destroy carpet and generally trash the house :roll:

Yes - mine do too. Daisy never used to attack her mattress bed, but since Jester arrived and showed her how much fun it is they've both spent many happy hours destroying it. In return Daisy has shown Jester how to strip wallpaper, nibble skirting boards, destroy carpet and generally trash the house :roll:

Oooo Daisy sounds like a naughty bunny!!!

Back