• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bettle in Hay

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

I got some new excel hay and was changing the hay bowls today when i found half of a black bettle. Should i use the hay or bin it?

Hi,

I got some new excel hay and was changing the hay bowls today when i found half of a black bettle. Should i use the hay or bin it?

I'm sure it's fine, just bin the beetle! I've found a couple of squashed grasshoppers in mine over the years! - It's a natural product. Obviously if it is some wierd beetle then you might want to find out what it is first? But I expect it is a stag or tiger beetle right? Am sure it's ok if it's dead :)

The hay will be fine. There's always loads of dead flies and things in the greens that I feed mine but I don't bother to wash they away first. The buns would eat all sorts of grubs and things (albeit unintentionally) in the wild.

Back