• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny tails...?

PrincessPinky

Mama Doe
Why do rabbits have tails..

Monkeys have them to use as a extra limb.
Horses have them to squat flys.
cats have them for balance...
e.t.c......

So what abbout rabbits :?

Have you noticed that your bunsters tails, will like straighten up when they stretch or lean forward :lol: makes me laugh :lol:

the reason is that when in the wild if they run from anythignthe underside which on a wild rabbit is white flashes so ther buns see it as a warnign of predators and also run the more bunnys running the more white on show the more the other rabbits run. x

Tail:
Also known as a 'scut' the rabbit's tail is more than decoration! In wild rabbits the underside is pale and is used as a danger signal and for communication when several rabbits are feeding over a big area.

I learn something new every day :lol:

Tail:
Also known as a 'scut' the rabbit's tail is more than decoration! In wild rabbits the underside is pale and is used as a danger signal and for communication when several rabbits are feeding over a big area.

You know that actually makes sense, when my buns are scared there tails seem to get longer :lol: like yesterday somehting made peter jump and he stretched is tail up so it looked more white and bigger :lol: :love: ive learnt something new today!:love:

and did you know:

Nose:
Why does a rabbit's nose twitch? It's so that all of the highly sensitive receptors are exposed to the air. A sign that a rabbit is very relaxed is that its nose stops twitching as this is one of its many ways of detecting imminent danger.

and another:

Eyes:
Rabbits also have big eyes. A rabbit's eyes protrude from the side of its head which gives them near 360º vision - the one area they can't see is right in front of their own nose! To 'see' whether something is edible a rabbit will touch the object with their sensitive top lip

nothing to do with bunnies i'm afraid but why do humans have ear lobes? only reason i've ever found was to adorn with decoration:?

nothing to do with bunnies i'm afraid but why do humans have ear lobes? only reason i've ever found was to adorn with decoration:?

Here you go:
the earlobe has a large blood supply and may help to warm the ears and maintain balance but generally earlobes are not considered to have any major biological function.

2 of my dutchies are buggerD then they have no white flashes just chocolate or black :lol:

Tail:

Yep, when mine was practicing his predator escape routine of long jumps with double bucks, twists, & 180 degree turns, he always kept his scut turned down almost between his legs = "this is practice only not for real". Trouble is it's black on both sides.:?

Yep, when mine was practicing his predator escape routine of long jumps with double bucks, twists, & 180 degree turns, he always kept his scut turned down almost between his legs = "this is practice only not for real". Trouble is it's black on both sides.:?

rabbit olympics for thumper:shock::D

Back