• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waiting for blood test results

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
for our little disabled boy Freddy :(

He had them taken today as he is very gradually loosing weight and he is drinking around 2 bowls of water a day. For the past week he has been permanently slightly damp underneath too. The vet has warned us that it is unlikely to be good news :cry:

Freddy is a very special boy and an absolute sweety :love: His disability is quite severe now but he still manages to scoot about on his bum and seems relatively happy. At 18 months old he has outlived our expectations of him but we still don't want to loose such a wonderful bunny who has been a real inspiration to us for the past year :love:

We are not sure how long the lab results will take to come back but I guess it will be tomorrow or Thursday :?

Waiting for results is horrid. At least Freddy wont be worrying about the results, I am affraid 'worry' is always the job of us two-foots....:?

Sending vibes for him

xx

Waiting for results is horrid. At least Freddy wont be worrying about the results, I am affraid 'worry' is always the job of us two-foots....:?

Sending vibes for him

xx

I agree Jane, the worst bit is the wait, your mind goes into overdrive!
Hope all goes well, but I always feel that once you know the situation you know how to fight.

I'm trying really hard not to worry about them by keeping really busy as the thought of Freddy not being here is unbearable :(

Freddy's results came back OK except for a slightly raised glucose level that is thought to be stress related :? there is clearly something not right with Freddy but both the vet and I agreed that with the severity of his disability further tests would not be fair as his life is now severely limited anyway. :(

We will constantly assess Freddys quality of life and take each day as it comes but we are hoping he will have a couple of months ahead of him so that he can enjoy the summer :)

I'm glad the tests came back ok :) Freddy is such a little love :love: I hope he has longer with you yet xxx

Freddy's results came back OK except for a slightly raised glucose level that is thought to be stress related :? there is clearly something not right with Freddy but both the vet and I agreed that with the severity of his disability further tests would not be fair as his life is now severely limited anyway. :(

We will constantly assess Freddys quality of life and take each day as it comes but we are hoping he will have a couple of months ahead of him so that he can enjoy the summer :)

I think that's fantastic news! Hooray :D I'm so glad he's got a little extra lease of life left to go, you must be very pleased! Carrots all round. :D

I know it seems like good news, but I am not sure it is :? His symptoms are still there and there is something not right with him but now I don't know what it is. Although I don't want there to be anything wrong I was also hoping to get some infomation from the results. I know that soon i will have to make a decision on Freddys quality of life and more information would help me make the right decision. I am constantly worried about whether i am doing the right thing by him. When he falls I can see he is frightened but in between he seems relatively comfortable and can scoot along.

How hard is it going to be for me to decide that Freddy needs to go to the bridge based on how many times he falls over as that is all I have to go by now:(

I hope that makes some sense :?

Back