• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a confession to make! U/D we have a name! Pg 7

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
This morning I popped into Pets @ home to get a new hay and hide for Peter. He loves them and I wanted to get him a treat. He's been looking so so sad and lonely since Mopsy went to the bridge.

They had loads of buns! Lots of very cute babies which were very tempting but I knew that wasnt right. Then I walked round to the adoption bit and they had a beautiful pale agouti bun, a 3 month old doe who was given up because of allergies.

Well......................now she's in my garden!!! I just couldnt resist! I know it very soon after Mopsy but I just can't stand seeing Peter so lonely. It was upsetting me everytime I went to see him.

I know that some people dont think that you should rescue from P@H but it feels right for me, my brave daughter and for lonely Peter so please don't judge me.

Her name at the moment is Bella but I will be changing it because my daughters name is Ella and we call her Ella Bella and it would be too confusing.
I would quite like to continue the Beatrix Potter theme so perhaps Cotton Tail, Cotton for short.

I'll get some pics later when she's settled down a bit.

Last edited:
As long as it feels right to you, then it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks:D at the end of the day you are giving a rabbit a great home:D I have done the exact same thing before. Can't wait to see some piccies

I'm so happy for you and Peter, I don't think it matters where you aquire a bunny from as long as you love it and give it a happy life.. (Please don't shoot me down for that comment)

I can't wait for pics too

I love the agouti colour, my new bunny will be an agouti butterfly - 3 weeks and 4 days and counting :D

As long as it feels right to you, then don't worry about what other folk think. We have rescued 2 PAH adoption bunnies & I wouldn't change that for the world.

I hope she can help heal some of the hurt you've been through recently. Looking forward to seeing lots of picces :)

Here she is!

I just managed to get 1 pic but she is definately not approving of being photographed!
DSCF0512.jpg

I really need name ideas though. I'm completely stumped.
So far I have thought of Cotton, Summer and Honey although none of those seem to fit. Just had a nice cuddle with her though. She will NEVER replace Mopsy thats not the plan but I think I love her already.

Just edited to add: Peter can see her from his run. He has been going a bit nuts binkying about and has now flopped down as near to her as he can get! I think he knows that next week he'll have a new friend. Its the first time he's binkyed and flopped since Saturday. I think I have made the right decision.

Last edited:
oh my gosh she is seriously stunning :love::love::love:
So glad Peter will have another wifebun to live his life out with :love:
I think she looks like a Honey :D:D

She's a (MUCH) bigger version of my Twix, she's lovely! How about Ginger for a name (there was a BP book called The Tale of Ginger and Pickles). xx

She's a (MUCH) bigger version of my Twix, she's lovely! How about Ginger for a name (there was a BP book called The Tale of Ginger and Pickles). xx

Oooh I like Ginger! I think I will have to wait till my daughter is home from school because she is sure to have some ideas. When we first got Mopsy I had already decided what I wanted to call her and then freakily without us discussing it Ella said the same name! We are so alike.:love:

Oooh I like Ginger! I think I will have to wait till my daughter is home from school because she is sure to have some ideas. When we first got Mopsy I had already decided what I wanted to call her and then freakily without us discussing it Ella said the same name! We are so alike.:love:

Lol :lol: You will have to let us know what you decide!

Back