• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The stages of bonding?

Lu_x

Mama Doe
Hi,

I recently got a beautiful little rex boy! He is only 8-9 weeks at the moment, so obviously has not had his immunisations yet. I want to bond him (at the appropriate time) with my spayed doe. They are both house rabbits and as I have only just got the boy bun I have him in isolation in a different room, but I was wondering if it is a good or bad idea to introduce them in cages next to each other before he is neutered?

Any procedural advice would be really appreciated. Thanks :wave:

I wouldn't let them see each other until he is neutered. Maybe they could swap a few toys or something and they will learn each others smell. But putting cages next to each other is just gonna make him frustrated and her defensive.

Thanks! I thought as much but thought it best to check! He's already 'borrowed' some of her toys so I'll swap some back in a few days and see what she makes of it all!

Back