• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it Normal For Rabbits To Not Like Tomatoes???

animal luver#1

Warren Scout
I tried to give my rabbits tomatoes one day because i heard it was safe and that they would eat it but none of my rabbits liked it. They ate the grain that was in there but didn't touch the tomatoes. Do your rabbits like tomatoes? Or are they bad for Rabbits?:?

Mine doesn't like them. But with any food he needs a few times before he'll even give something a proper try. Like grapes, he wouldn't try them the first few times, now he loves them!!

I would imagine all rabbits like different food, like most humans do. I've never tried my rabbit with tomatoes, but I imagine it would be better fed as a treat food (if your rabbit did like it.. since they don't I wouldn't bother XD) as it's a fruit and therefore will have lots of sugar...

Most of our buns here will eat tomato, though if they have tomato i split a whole tomato between 8 of them, so they never get much :) The leaves are bad for them, but the fruit is safe xXx

Most of our buns here will eat tomato, though if they have tomato i split a whole tomato between 8 of them, so they never get much :) The leaves are bad for them, but the fruit is safe xXx

Thats what i did. Split a whole tomato with my 8. Maybe ill try a different fruit treat. I no they like apples!!:)

My Tabby loved Grapes, whenever we had some we used to share. Shes probably got as many grapes as she can fill herself up with these days (over the bridge) but none of my bunnies enjoyed toms unless they were cherry toms lol

My Charlie won't eat any fruit/veg at all apart from carrot and brocolli.
He actually runs in fear if I offer him apple

I believe tomatoe leaves are poisonous to bunnies, so be careful!!

My group of girls will eat tomatoes but none of the other bunnies do, just depends on their taste really ;)

My Charlie won't eat any fruit/veg at all apart from carrot and brocolli.
He actually runs in fear if I offer him apple
WOW!!! I've never heard of a rabbit that does that!! That's interesting. My rabbits go crazy for peches and apples!!! What kind of rabbit is charlie? Besides a non-fruit eating one.. lol :lol:

WOW!!! I've never heard of a rabbit that does that!! That's interesting. My rabbits go crazy for peches and apples!!! What kind of rabbit is charlie? Besides a non-fruit eating one.. lol :lol:

He's a lionhead lop. He's just terrified of all fruit, it's REALLY strange :? I've had him since he was 7 weeks old too, and he's just got more and more scared of fruit. He is very strange!

He's a lionhead lop. He's just terrified of all fruit, it's REALLY strange :? I've had him since he was 7 weeks old too, and he's just got more and more scared of fruit. He is very strange!

Charlie seems like an outstanding rabbit. I think that's really interesting how he won't eat fruit. I think it's cute how he is scared of it. :)

my buns hate tomatoes.. they love apple spinach , rocket, and watercress, carrots and spring greens but their fave is grass.:wave:

Back