• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much space to bond 4? Crazy moment going on

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Trying to bond Charlie/Mocha/Pep/Nesbit. How much space for this? They are in a small dog crate of 30inch by 24 (roughly)

Its going OK ish, Mocha is trying to be boss and giving Pep lots of evils.

The smaller the space the better to be honest. I bonded a group of four and found it terribly difficult, but i found a small space armed with a water gun incase they fight helped me!
Good luck :)

I have 4 rabbits bonded together.( soon to be 6) Bonding 4 rabits that don't know each other will be easier than trying to add to a pair or trio because they will all be looking for companionship. I had a very hard time getting mine together. The shortest bond was 2 and the longest being weeks having them together for 6-8 hours a day. In the last bond (the longest) penny got a tiny nip on the top of her left front leg. I checked her and couldn't see any broken skin so iI left it. about a week later she started limping so i took her vets and she had an abscess that had spread through her leg to her chest. I felt awfull. she was poorly for abou 6-7 weeks. I start the bond in an area about 3x9 feet untill they stop trying to kill each other. some people use spray guns. i wear wooly gloves and gardening gloves, sit in the bonding area and push them apart when they attack each other. I aslso shout no at the same time. After a day or two the fighting should have calmed down and if they start to fight shouting no should stop them. (works for me) if they dont interact after about a week the try making there space smaller to force them together. Bonding big groups takes allot of time and patients. It'll be worth it in the end though. Good luck.:)

Back