• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Men!!! - U/D Good News!!!!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I've seen a pair of bunnies that I'd like to rehome, but my OH half says I can only have 1 more and not 2. Thing is, he's smiling when he says "No" to me, so does that mean that he's just joking with me by saying "no" and he'll eventually say "yes" once he's had his bit of fun? Or does it means he's just nasty and just enjoys upsetting me?

Last edited:
My OH does this :roll: I said to Hetty that I was interested in Winter, and then had a message from Hetty that sounded like we were defo gonna get her (that's not what was happening at all, that's just what it sounded like). OH went mental but was grinning the whole time. Talk about mixed messages! I think he finds it endearing that I'm so into bunnies and that makes him smile, but realistically he knows we can't have one yet. I don't think ur OH likes being mean, bless him!

Last edited:
Your very kind to your OH and let him think he has a decision! My Buns tend to just turn up, then there is nothing he can really say!!:lol:

My OH doesnt have a say te he...When I was a kid I had to do what my parents said...now am an adult - I do what I want (within reason of course) my EX husband used to tell me no you cant have this that or the other....hence he is now EX :lol:
The important thing to remember is if you can afford to do something then do it....if you have to put stuff on credit cards etc - you cant afford it, so dont do it.
I dont own a credit card

My OH doesnt have a say te he...When I was a kid I had to do what my parents said...now am an adult - I do what I want (within reason of course) my EX husband used to tell me no you cant have this that or the other....hence he is now EX :lol:
The important thing to remember is if you can afford to do something then do it....if you have to put stuff on credit cards etc - you cant afford it, so dont do it.
I dont own a credit card

I own a credit card and the highest it got to was £1200, I then met my OH and he made me see the errors of my ways and I spent the next 8 months paying it off - I'll never get myself into debt like that again! I'm proud to say I've not put anything on my credit card in over 12months :D

We can deffo afford to have them :D

I dont own a credit card

thats nice but at teh end of the day you boht have to live there and you both need to make the decision, because imagine if he brought home a huge snake or ataratula(insert other scary pet you wouldnt want) it would be awful or if he got a dog that barked all the time at your rabbits. i think as well if you share money then its important that you are both happy with spending your money on the pets. tom isnt as "keen" on pets and has said no to certain ones but i think if you are both adult about it yo ucan sit down and talk it through and come to a compromise or rational decision.

yes there are occasions where you have to just get them... how else would you get them lol

Your very kind to your OH and let him think he has a decision! My Buns tend to just turn up, then there is nothing he can really say!!:lol:

I agree. The number of animals I've found dumped at the side of the road is incredible. :lol: I don't think my OH would DARE to even think of saying no to me anyway...he doesn't like making me cry. :lol:

I agree. The number of animals I've found dumped at the side of the road is incredible. :lol: I don't think my OH would DARE to even think of saying no to me anyway...he doesn't like making me cry. :lol:

I might try turning on the waterworks tonight and see what happens :D

ask him why he doesnt want them. then tell he the reason that reason isnt valid and look cutely at him... then if that fails...give him something he wants first... then say but i let you..gave you.... or also another way is to say happy birthday..xmas.... etc ....lol im sure im not the only one to have done that!!!! it wsa a surprise thats why i coudlnt ask you.... lol tom has come home to find random strays/injured needing home animals inside he isnt best pleased b ut soon makes freinds with them i try and ask first and then eventually he says whatever you want to make you happy....with a resigned sigh(thats if he doesnt mind) but if he does he explains why not and we discuss. x

ask him why he doesnt want them. then tell he the reason that reason isnt valid and look cutely at him... then if that fails...give him something he wants first... then say but i let you..gave you.... or also another way is to say happy birthday..xmas.... etc ....lol im sure im not the only one to have done that!!!! it wsa a surprise thats why i coudlnt ask you.... lol tom has come home to find random strays/injured needing home animals inside he isnt best pleased b ut soon makes freinds with them i try and ask first and then eventually he says whatever you want to make you happy....with a resigned sigh(thats if he doesnt mind) but if he does he explains why not and we discuss. x

He says its cos 2 more rabbits will create a lot more mess than 1 more rabbit would. I said that's not the case cos if we have 1 more or 2 more, it's still only one more indoor set up to clean out. He's standing by his opinion that 2 rabbits will create too much mess tho :(

He says its cos 2 more rabbits will create a lot more mess than 1 more rabbit would. I said that's not the case cos if we have 1 more or 2 more, it's still only one more indoor set up to clean out. He's standing by his opinion that 2 rabbits will create too much mess tho :(

in that case find one bunny you love and bond in with your exsiting rabbits... or bond the 2 in with your exsisting rabbits one set up one mess area? x

thats nice but at teh end of the day you boht have to live there and you both need to make the decision, because imagine if he brought home a huge snake or ataratula(insert other scary pet you wouldnt want) it would be awful or if he got a dog that barked all the time at your rabbits. i think as well if you share money then its important that you are both happy with spending your money on the pets. tom isnt as "keen" on pets and has said no to certain ones but i think if you are both adult about it yo ucan sit down and talk it through and come to a compromise or rational decision.

yes there are occasions where you have to just get them... how else would you get them lol

Yeah of course you make perfect sense - it has to be joint...my oh always says whatever makes me happy makes him happy and he knows I am sensible and trusts any decisions I make. Plus its my house anyway lol I own it with my pets & he is the lodger :lol:

Back