• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grass???

jenny s

Mama Doe
anyone have an idea how long grass has to be down before the rabbits can go on it??

we have decided that we are going to section off the garden so the buns have there own space, at the moment it is chippings so we are going to lay some turf down but not sure how long it needs to be down before they start munching it lol

I would expect it would be about 6 weeks, so as to let the roots of the roll take hold of your soils and start growing again. That way it can replenish itself. Even after that I would say ligth grazing, and you don't want them to kill it before it had chance to grow.

I think also that new grass may be too green for them if that makes sense?

I think it has to settle in and root properly before they should eat it or it'll be too rich. Does that make sense? Id give it several months if possible.

I'm looking to relay half our lawn and will be planning on keeping them off it for several months

Back