• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The RSPCA is pointless!

RosieHardy

Young Bun
The RSPCA are completely pointless.
Remember the two articles I posted a while ago “Rabbits left outside 24-7” and “Lets put a stop to this”
Well firstly id like to say thank you to everyone that helped and contacted the RSPCA about the matter but i'm sad to inform you all the the rabbits have died and the RSPCA never came to assess the situation at all. :cry:

Every time I rang they just said “well that dose sound bad” and that something would be done.
But nothing happened. :cry:
I tried to help the rabbits as much as I could by giving them lot of straw and hey, and food, as they hardly ever got fed, but in the end thats all pointless when it rains. What they needed was for the RSPCA to take them away.. so that they could be put in a loving, safe home, not stuck outside in the rain.

I'm am just so soo annoyed as when we all contacted the RSPCA about the rabbits, they would have had a fighting chance of survival, but now because no one could be bothered to go out there and to even take a look, the rabbits died.

Lee rang every week giving them an update on the rabbit, he even took pictures of them as they decreased, but every time he rung all the said was the matter wasn't urgent.
The rabbits were dying how more urgent did they want it to be! :censored:
Lee even said that the lady on the other end had said that they had had numerous complaints about the rabbits there and still they did nothing about it.

I just can't believe they just let these rabbits die and just the fact that no one even came just to check on them.
I no for a fact that about 6 people contacted the RSPCA, spread out over 3 weeks about the rabbits, Surley, surley that would have been enough complaints!

So someone in the RSPCA really needs to get there self into gear, as they can't really care that much if they let two rabbits die and its not like we gave them more than a months notice. u_____u.

RIP Bunnies :cry:

Binky free bunnies...

Yeah I agree the RSPCA are next to useless, I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. Unless it is a headlining case, they just aren't interested.. Take those horses in Amersham, by the time the RSPCA stepped in they had to pts 32 horses.... But they had been watching them for a YEAR so why wait so long???

Im sorry in your case the RSPCA were not helpful and so sorry to hear about the buns. However - not all areas of these organisations are the same - some are very good. I think individual inspectors vary on how good they are.
My bridge bun Elliot was saved from certain death by an inspector who used to ask after him how he was doing etc. I will forever be thankful to her for saving him and allowing us to have such a wonderful rabbit in our lives.
Please dont think the organisation as a whole is bad - im sure for every bad story there is a good one too where animals have been helped.
I had a similar experience as yourself, but with the SSPCA and i found the inspector rude and very mis-informed. I even got a police visit - asked for by this one inspector and warned "not to harrass them". I phoned them 3 times in 2 months about the same rabbit. The inspector said to the police i had made continuous calls to them and was not to call again. When confronted she denied ever saying it to the police - the police vouched for me and i reported her. As suspected nothing came of it but i was so angry. That rabbit "disappeared" a couple of months later never to be seen again.

my experience with the r.s.p.c.a. is bad as well, all they seem to say is we can`t do anything, it makes me soo mad..:cry: poor bunnies.

thats awful:( can you write to head office or something and complain?might not do much but you might get a response. binky free little buns:(

Agree with you:wave:but the RSPCA are only interested in high profile cases that will generate lots of "donations" for them:evil:they are NOt an animal welfare organisation any more:shock:sadly they are just another money making company:censored:your poor little bunnies are much the same as the cats that i reported last year:cry:
It took the inpector six weeks to finally check on these neighbour,s cats by which time she(neighbour) had got her act together a bit so they did not look too bad:)soon after the female was pregnant again so one of my other neighbour,s catnapped her,had her speyed and re-homed but the poor tom is thin ,dirty and looks awful but apparently RSPCA thought that they were O.K. and actually said that it was my fault that they were not able to prosecute the owners as i had been feeding him:evil:
I will carry on feeding him too!his owners don,t bother so i will not see him starve to death:cry:
RIP little bunnies:cry:may you find love and kindness in your new life:cry:

I think its maybe a little harsh to judge the RSPCA as a whole. I know people who work there and they are dedicated to the animals they look after.

Lucy who is on this forum works for them - and from what i have seen/heard she does a hell of a lot for the animals in her care - as do a lot more people. There are parts of the RSPCA which are bad but i hate to see whole organisations and those who work there generalised as without a lot of these people many animals will die and be mis-treated for the rest of their miserable lives.

I think its maybe a little harsh to judge the RSPCA as a whole.

I'm not judging the inspectors, it is the organisation that is at fault... The inspectors can only do so much.

RSPCA thought that they were O.K. and actually said that it was my fault that they were not able to prosecute the owners as i had been feeding him:evil:

:shock::shock::shock:
I don't even believe that their 'Freedom Food' scheme quarantees any type of freedom to the animals involved. There was a program on TV a few months ago about it that showed turkeys living in horrible conditions :cry: in one of the RSPCA accredited 'Freedom Food' farms. The RSPCA spokesperson on that program came across as arrogant. :evil:

We rang the RSPCA once and I'll never bother again. A complete waste of time and money as far as I'm concerned, they just weren't interested in helping or advising.
We live not far from their UK headquarters and I can see exactly where everyone's £2 per month donation goes - the only animals that see any benefit from this money are the fat cats that I can imagine walk this modern, nice office block. :evil:

Not a patch on US animal welfare organisations.

I think its maybe a little harsh to judge the RSPCA as a whole. I know people who work there and they are dedicated to the animals they look after.

Lucy who is on this forum works for them - and from what i have seen/heard she does a hell of a lot for the animals in her care - as do a lot more people. There are parts of the RSPCA which are bad but i hate to see whole organisations and those who work there generalised as without a lot of these people many animals will die and be mis-treated for the rest of their miserable lives.

Agreed. I think it can be said that my Tinkerbell and her 12 family members who were part of the same rescue would have died in the conditions they were living in if the RSPCA hadn't got them out.

I heard another story only today about them not helping with a situation - the establishment as a whole is a joke at times - not the people who work for them. There is red tape I guess

The RSPCA is pointless

The freedom foods campaign was actually a complete waste of time:evil:RSPCA were given a large pay off for endorsing certain farms which were still keeping animals in battery conditions:evil::censored:
The animals kept there are still suffering but what do they care as long as they have their millions to sit on:censored:
Granted many unfunded branches do amazing work but that is not head office:roll:
The Jamie Gray affair showed them up for what they were as they had been aware of conditons at that farm for 3 years but did NOTHING:evil:
Had to laugh when the gray family were convicted and RSPCA put out appeals for donations to help with the rescued horses as it was not them that took care of the horses but Redwings,The horse trust and an unfunded RSPCA branch that had to appeal themselves for funding to help with vet treatment:evil:
They should get back to the basic priciple of caring for animals not trying to be a buisness:evil:

My friend Michelle is an RSPCA Inspector and having spoken to her I know the good she has done and I know how frustrating they find things.

On the other side I have reported things myself and nothing has been done and despite numerous calls I haven't had a call back so I could speak to the Inspector in question.....very annoying.

You do tend to only hear about the bad stories. I always remember that the RSPCA do care for a LOT of animals around the country. Although clearly in this case their response wasn't adequate, we've got to remember they don't really have any more responsibility than the rest of us do. They don't have special powers through law or otherwise :(

Back