• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

freecycle again

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Is there not ANYTHING that can be done about freecycle!? I'm absolutely shocked by the amount of wanted posts for hutches due to people wanting to buy a rabbit for their children. I always reply to the email with some links for both here and rabbit welfare but to be honest I don't think anyone is really interested.

A recent email on freecycle was from a woman offering both african land snails and a three year old rabbit, both of which were bought for her daughter who had become bored of them. apparently she had so many replies that she "wishes she had more rabbits to rehome"!!!!

No-one seems to give a damn. :cry:

Its heartbreaking isnt it :( I too always send them a link to here and let them know nicely about minimum hutch sizes, vaccinations etc. I never hardly get replies back though... :(

Its only going to get worse with the 6 weeks holidays coming up :( They all break up tomorrow round here xXx

i'd forgotton about summer holidays:( yes going to get worse. is there not a campaign or anything to stop places like pets at home selling them?

My Freecycle area have stopped people posting ads for animals! Well done Rugby! :) Perhaps you should email the moderators of your local one and suggest they could do the same.

Its so sad isn't it? Just how can the message be got across?

Feeling so sad about all the dogs in Rescue at the moment too - somethings really got to be done at source hasn't it or its just a perpetual problem.

Its so sad isn't it? Just how can the message be got across?

Feeling so sad about all the dogs in Rescue at the moment too - somethings really got to be done at source hasn't it or its just a perpetual problem.

i wish i knew.....maybe we could all write to our local newspaper about it?

i did this ages ago and got some awful rude replies back from some of the moderators! they all eventually did stop postings apart from this one.

I did this too and was just told that they add a note to ask people to rehome responsibly. Like that's going to work. I'm amazed how ofter you see ads for animals who are just a few months old along with 2ft hutches that people think are going to be greatfully received.

Back