• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

calling all people with indoor house buns

karen1980

Mama Doe
Hye,

Have you god singles or couples?

I love my Lily bunny and last night took in a boy giant to be her friend.

Selfishly im scared that she wont love me anymore if she has a bunny friend.

Has anyone got single house buns on here and if so why?

I know im being selfish but I adore her wanting stokes and attention off me.

If she bonds with the boy bun then she want want me anymore as he'll give her affection and I'll be surplus to requriements.

I've tried her before with bunnies but she's hated them. I think this one she might like. He's stinky tho!

She was very interested in him last night and didn’t want much stokes off of use :O(

:wave: hi there

We had a single house bun that we bonded with a male after 6 months and yes she stopped being a people bun.

We did it because she would be spooked by things even we couldn't see or hear. It made us wonder how scared she was when we were not around and if we were out all day. Even next to us she'd be startle easily.

Now she's with a bomb proof bunny and she takes her cues from his body language, she is much calmer.
The down side is she does not need us so much. The up side is we don't have to worry about her if we are out.

I have two bonded pairs and one single doe living in my house :)

My single doe is incredibly aggressive towards other rabbits (and me when she chooses to be :lol:) so she is best kept away. She lives in my kitchen and living room and is very happy on her own, always doing lots of binky's.

Phoebe was the rabbit I had a very close bond with, she saw me as her bonded partner, but I decided to bond her with Teddy when Thumper passed over. They both absolutely adore each other, and I get more pleasure from seeing her so happy with him as opposed to missing her cuddles. She used to lie on my bed cuddle up with me all of the time, now she doesn't. If I lie on the floor with her I still get my nose kisses off her, and she does come over to be fussed over, she just doesn't want to be on my knee or anything :)

:cry::cry:Lily bunny isnt easily spooked but I do worry how I will cope when she goes as we ahve sucha strong bond.
I give her my all and love her with all my heart.
Its killing me thinking she might be happier without me as her mate... :roll:

Big and Beige both live indoors but they have always been together as they are brother and sisiter. Beige isn't really bothered about cuddles but Big (doe) is still a real mommys girl.

I thinkit is much kinder to keep bunnies in groups or pairs, they need to be with one of their own kind.

I love animals and since being unemployed have spent most of my time with them, I don't really consider myself a people person but it would be awful to think I would never have the company of another human being with whom I share language, affection etc

Rabswood

But where do you draw the line? I.e. do you ahve 2 or more of every pet for company?

Many people have just one dog and have the hoomans as companions. :oops:

I just cant imagine her not wanting nose rubs from me.. :cry:
she does binkies in the morning and all day really but veggies out alot - this i took to her being lonely but the big bunny is lazy and sits there so having a friend isnt going to perk her up at all.

My giant Ronnie was a house bun for a good 6 odd months before i got Lola. He was a proper human bunny... would sit with us watching tv at night, sleep on our bed... i miss him so much now hes down the shed with Lola, they are a proper loved up couple :( If anything, Lola is more affectionate now, Ronnie will come for a fuss but he wont let me pick him up anymore.. he prefers to do his own thing.

I would love another single giant house bun... its just finding a rescue that will rehome a bunny as a single :( xXx

Thanks Becky!

One or other will end up on their own eventually. Our Fluffy did for a few months before he went to the rainbow bridge. He still went on holiday with us and there was always someone around that summer for him.

I have a single house bunny. He's never looked lonely and is just the happiest bunny :)
We forgot to lock him away in his crate last week, and he just spent the night asleep under one of the tables. He was still free range and went to eat and do toilet in his crate, but he never jumped on our bed after attention, which is what he usually does if we nod off. Minimack will agree :lol:

Well I did have a couple but their bond broke so they are singles but can see and interact with each other but can't actually get to each other if you know what I mean.

I have a single house bunny and adore her and she adores us too! She is almost completely free range and gets tonnes of cuddles from us and isn't left alone for long periods. I even leave the radio on for her at night :lol:
She has been spayed and I wouldn't rule out getting her a friend, especially if I go back to work part time when my son is a bit older, as I would hate for her to be lonely. I probably am being selfish, but I love it as it is right now and I am sure she is very content....

Charlie's a single bunny now.
When I got him he was with his sister, but they fell out so he spent 6 months or so totally bonding with me - perfect people bunny.
Then I got Mable to bond him with (I was worried about him losing interest in me, too) and they had the perfect bond. He needed me less, but he still always came to say hello and come for the odd cuddle. If I sat on the floor with them both, they'd run about me and climb on me and everything still - so it was still lovely. I still had my lovely boy, and then I also had a lovely girl to see him happy with too :D
He's on his own again now, so he's back to following me around, ect as he only has me.

My boy was a single house bunny.
He was so loving and would snuggle into me whenever i was in the living room.
I think if they have enough company its fine to be single, but if they are left alone alot then they should have a friend.
I was going to get kermit a friend, but he got head tilt and couldnt get neutered, so he had to stay a single bun.
He was a definate mummys boy, so i do know what you mean when you think you wont get the attention anymore!

i have a pair... would never go back to a single bunny again, they are sooooooooooooo happy and loved up... no way i could compete with bunny love :(

i do get double bunny snuggles now (well lots off Pearl and a tiny bit off Alvin, more than when he was single tho :lol:)

i work full time tho, so i could not devote 24/7 to a single bun as much as id like to, this way theres no guilt :D

Blue was a single bun for about a year, such a snuggle monster. I was worried about the same things you are when we got him Ollie to be his wiflet.
Being totally honest he did get less snuggly, but Ollie enjoyed her loving to....and they often fell out over who got to get closest on the sofa!
After losing Ollie 2 weeks ago, he has become really clingy and almost desperate for loves, so I feel it was healthiest for him when he had a wifelet so cuddle too.

If you can give this bunny the company she needs then go with your heart and be her special friend.

I have a single house bun - intact buck. Has had difficult gut problems - slow to find the main cause (tiny spurs). I'm at home all day. He devised a good communication system, gets Prime time am. & pm. & cuddles in between. Free range in house, & supervised free in the garden for about 1 hour per day. I'm so fascinated by his "communication", running around & playing what he wants to play, the large amount of time spent with him is very enjoyable. He seems to have adapted well to living with people - loves visitors & they love him!
Presently chilled out against my foot while I type. Will soon remind me it's HIS time! Risk having the internet cable bitten through only if I ignore him for too long! :shock: We are special friends to each other. :D

Thanks for all your posts.

Sadly new husbun Bobbi died last night.
He'd had a rough life and I'd only had him 24hrs. He had a seizure and passed to the bridge practically in our arms.
Am feeling very sad.
Perhaps this was why he wasn’t interested in her as he knew he was going to pass to the bridge.
He was so thin. We got him 2 weeks ago and he was thin, quiet but a happy bun who liked nose rubs.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=189652

XXX

Back