• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no! A new surface!

sidereus7

Mama Doe
Does anyone else's buns have a fear of a change in floor surface? My buns will binky full speed on carpet, but they treat the kitchen linoleum like lava. They refuse to go on it!

I thought they would love to step out onto my new patio, but they won't go past the rug mat! I try tempting them with treats that they find irresistible, but they just pout when I pull it too far for them to reach without touching the evil lava! :lol:

Do I have the only freak rabbits in the world?

I've not seen Beau do a proper scat or binky since we moved, cos we only have on room with carpet and that's full of furniture. He's exactly the same as your two, he'll put up with the laminate, but avoid standing on it where at all possible, balancing on the thinnest bit of rug round his pen even just to stay off it! And he won't even go in the tiled kitchen or bathroom :roll: silly bunsters!!

:lol:Mine are the same, they love carpet but they avoid the kitchen lino as much as they can. Funny little things! :love:

Mine can't grip on the kitchen vinyl - feet so furry. So I put down carpet ends to stop him skidding.
Will not go onto a paving flag if it's wet, but races in a wet lawn, :?
Ended up putting down a coconut mat just for him to wipe his paws on, so he could do 2 long jumps in or out of the patio doors straight onto the lawn. Don't think you've got freak buns. I'm probably a freak for indulging him so much. Reckon that an old mat makes his life easier & no skin off my nose. :roll:

Back