• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We can't believe it

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Elwood had his incisors removed at the begining of May 2008, we have just discovered that one of his bottom ones is growing back :shock: How can it take over a year for one to grow back?

The poor boy will now need to have it removed. He only had a dental just over a month ago and every GA he has is a real risk due to his neurological problems :(:( No wonder he has been a bit moody lately :(

Woopsie wrong section, please can it be moved to rabbit chat :wave:

Awww poor Elly. When's he having it removed? Sending tons of vibes for an uneventful op. Poor lad xx

Awww poor Elly. When's he having it removed? Sending tons of vibes for an uneventful op. Poor lad xx

I only found it half an hour ago when he was sucking on my fingers and I realised it was hurting :shock:

I think it needs to grow a little longer before they can remove it so I will keep an eye on it and probably book him in for removal in a week or so depending on how fast it grows :)

It might grow slowly and/or break before it turns into a proper tooth. That could be why it's taken so long, if it's not a whole root it might be part growing a tooth and it drops off usually before it grows noticeable.

If he needs regular back dentals, might be better just to get it buzzed off then monitor it, might be he needs knocking out before it grows back again anyway and thats one less op :)

Poor Elwood has been through so much. :( I hope Tamsin is right and surgery can be avoided! Lots of vibes for pretty Elwood. xxx

If he needs regular back dentals, might be better just to get it buzzed off then monitor it, might be he needs knocking out before it grows back again anyway and thats one less op :)

The dental he had last month was his first since May last year so he is not a regular dental bunny, thats why it is so frustrating that it has appeared now and not a few weeks ago :(

Poor Elwood is in a bad way this afternoon.

He was booked in to get the tooth removed on Tuesday so it could grow a decent length but it has been growing back very brown and twisted.

I found him this afternoon in a corner with blood coming out of his mouth and the tooth missing. He is in pain and one of his eyes is also very sore. I don't know if he has run into something and banged himself or whether it was so rotten that it just broke off :? I'm now really worried as I can't see how the vets are going to ever successfully remove the tooth if it is so rotten. Elwood can't eat and is very depressed :cry::cry: I've got him an appointment for the morning and have already given him pain relief. I'm now really worried about what the vets are going to say :(

He might just need a course of penicillin to kill off any infection.

Thats exactly what i said to the receptionist when I booked the appointment :) But I know from experience that once teeth start to cause problems it become a recurrent thing and with Elwoods brain damage its a problem he can do without

Oh god bless him poor little Elly. Sending tons of vibes for a uneventful night for him and fingers crossed for his appt 2moz xxx

He is feeling very sorry for himself and wont come out of his crate. I think his mouth is swollen but it is so hard to tell as he was always a bit lopsided :(

Back