• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flaky ears

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
I've noticed recently that ted's ears have flaky skin on them, i brush them every night to try and get rid of it, i'm just wondering thought is it because her ears are so small that she can't clean them properly herself. anyone else lionhead or buns with small ears have the same problem. theres no hair loss and it's only on her ears.

I've all lionheads can't remember this ever happening..hmmm :? Not sure what it could be if it is anything

your lionheads look like they've got longer ears than teds, ted are only the length of my wee finger, nearly nethie sized and with her having so much fluff sort of thinking she can't clean them right. don't know it's very strange.

Desmond has had this recently (he is a nethie) and it is slowly going away. It has also co-incided with his moult so may just be dry skin due to changes?

Squidgy's had this, along with a build up of wax in his ears (vet says he's just an old man :oops:), and has had drops to clear the wax. His flaky ears seem to have cleared up as well.
It could also be ear mites?

I've got a nethie with super short ears, and I've never seen it on him, although I might have missed it at some point. I'll be checking his ears tomorrow morning!

no i'd assume if it was ear mites she'd be losing fur but it could be that with her moult her skin is changing, her ears are crystal clear inside. will just keep brushing it off and keep an eye on it, never noticed it over the winter but her fur seems to be getting easily tangled in this weather at the moment.

Back