• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a Frenchie and a small Dwarf Lop! HELP!

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
OK, as some of you will have read, I've just acquired a Frenchie :)

The question is, how to I begin bonding?!

I've got 3 successful bonds under my belt but all with similar size bunnies. I've just introduced them briefly and the signs were not great! I'm not too phased by this but I worry for my Wilm as he is so much smaller!

Help!

EDIT: The frenchie is not yet spayed, she will be done asap and I know this will help, I just need advice for when I do try to bond them :)

Last edited:
I would quarantine her first for 2 weeks as you don't know what she could be carrying :?

And would not attempt until spayed incase hormones got in the way

He should be fine, sorry if i have over worried you :oops:

Just to let you and other members reading this that even a quick introduction should not be under taken until a reasonable amount of quarantine has been taken. x

He should be fine, sorry if i have over worried you :oops:

Just to let you and other members reading this that even a quick introduction should not be under taken until a reasonable amount of quarantine has been taken. x

No it's ok, I didn't even think and I wish I hadn't done it now. I suppose it's because I know where she has come from but that doesn't make any difference!

I would wait until she's recovered from her spay before you bond.
Size won't matter. I have a (small) frenchie cross and a nethie together (see my sig) and Giant Bunny Mummy has a big bunny with a little bunny :)

Good luck xx

My conti giant bonded himself with my smallest mini lop girly and they're devoted! I'm sure your vet will check your new girl carefully before she's spayed, and the recovery period will help count towards the quarantine.

Back