• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ellie comes home - what next

tkdkat

Young Bun
Ellie is an 8/9 week old lop

Whats the best way to proceed, I have left her in her hutch and run since Friday night. When should I start handling her? Where do I go from here, dont want to get it wrong - it's been a while since I had a rabbit...

I would start handling her now. Baby rabbits are much more likely to enjoy a cuddle than an older bun and the sooner you start getting her used to you the better. When my bridge bun Mopsy first joined us I would bring her inside for a cuddle every night after my children had gone to bed. She loved it and would always fall asleep with her head under my chin.

She was a very loving bun and I'm sure that having so much mummy time early on helped this tremendously.

i would start tomorrow ...start slowly ..be quiet and gentle and get down to her level..dont loom over her ..

go at her pace if she accepts a stroke move onto picking up ..if not wait a while ..

patience (and food bribes ;) ) usualy pay off .:D

Shes going for her first vet visit & jab tomorrow, so should I start after that, what food bribes can I use as she is only on pellets and hay at mo..

Back