• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to know....

hello i have 5 nearly 8 week old baby rex rabbits and have just found out what sex they are, what i really need to know is, are the 2 boys ok to be split from their mum yet? They will be 8 weeks on thursday, the 3 girls are still with mum cause am not sure when they stop suckling. Man from rabbit home says its ok but i just need a second opinion, thankyou

:wave:

I would say 8 weeks absolute minimum time to stay with mum - preferably 10 weeks (unless mum is getting overwhelmed with them in which case they would be ok to separate from 8 weeks).

Do you have plans as to where they are going when you separate them from mum? The boys will be ok to stay together for a few weeks after that but once they start to get teenage and their 'bits' drop, they will start to fight unless they are neutered straight away.

Hope that helps :)

Back