• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help please!

love_my_lops

New Kit
Hi bunny lovers,

I have 2 beautiful indoor bunnies which i have had for nerly 3 years and are generally really happy and healthy. They constantly grrom eachother like horses do, it's really sweet.

I open their house daily to give them exercise and my doe, Pompadore, binky's and hops all over the place. On the sofa, up the stairs, round the room over and over. :)

My buck however is really lazy and hates his daily run, especially if it's the afternoon or eveing. Even Pompadore can't seem to shift him. :?
Lately i'm noticing that Granville is getting poo stuck to his bottom so am having to bath that area which is obviously not a pleasant experince for him.
I try and encourage him out but he just simply can't be bothered.
I got Granville 2 years ago as a companion for my girl from the RSPCA and wonder if it's to do with his past? I am really worried that i'm being a bad mum and don't know what to do to prevent this from happening???

I clean the hutch everyday and replace all the bedding every 6 days or so, so he can't be sat in his dirt so why is it stciking to his bum and why won't he run about? I'm scared that this is a viscious circle. Won't run because of the poo and gets poo stuck because he won't run? :?

Please help me!!!

I have had rabbits my whole life and dunno what to do. :(

Julie x

how old is he?
Is he eating enough fibre (hay) or not enough? Is it cecotrophes or just poos sticking to his botty?

I would prob look at his diet as thats normally main cause has he been checked by vet to rule out any health problems in general, get him weighed etc to see if perhaps a little less weight on may be healthier for him (not saying hes fat) esp important if he has just changed to being like this as he may have a health problem.

Suggest a visit to the vet & complete health check. I agree about the dietary considerations, but wonder about arthritic conditions too.
All the best. Please keep us updated.

Judy & Thumper.

Suggest a visit to the vet & complete health check. I agree about the dietary considerations, but wonder about arthritic conditions too.
All the best. Please keep us updated.

Judy & Thumper.

I agree that a Vet check is needed.
Good luck

Back