• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunny! PICS added, she's a Frenchie :)

LoopyLouie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a wifey bun for my Wilm and have ended up getting one unexpectedly! I went to a BBQ last night at some friends of my OH's and in the bottom of the garden was a tiny rabbit hutch with a HUGE bunny in it. I spent a fair bit of time with her and she was really friendly but looks a bit fat and very bored! OH's friend said they got her for their son a year ago but the son can't lift her up now so she stays in the hutch. I told them all the info about hutch sizes and stuff and they were really nice about it and obviously hadn't been informed. Anyway, I'd mentioned I wanted another soon and John, OH's pal rang up today and said if I wanted her I could take her as they couldn't afford to get a bigger hutch and the son didn't really deserve a pet anyway as he'd lost interest.

I know this isn't a rescue but I still feel like I've helped a bun. Goodness knows what would have happened to her if she's stayed in that cage much longer.

She arrived this afternoon and she's currently in a pen settling in. Her name is Fluffy :lol: and I'm afraid that may have to become a middle name!

Last edited:
She's really gentle so far, all her nails were overgrown so I've clipped them and I've given her a good brush.

x

Last edited:
Hmm..how about Miranda?

I think this does count as a rescue, btw. I bet she will see it like that once she gets a proper taste of her new life :wave:

i'd certainly say thats a rescue! and a new life for such a gorgeous bunny! reminds me of my Benny, he was the most amazing bunny, i just adore frenchies, i hope you enjoy your new friend!

Love the name suggestions so far :) Will have to have a think. I've just weighed her and she's 12lbs, is that about right for a Frenchie?

Eva is my middle name ...never liked it myself!:lol:

Shes a beautiful girl ,I love blues , are her eyes sore or is it just the light ?

ETA how about calling her Maggie?....margaret being my other middle name!:oops:

Last edited:
Shes a beautiful girl ,I love blues , are her eyes sore or is it just the light ?

I thought her eyes looked sore too but I've had a good look at them and they're not runny or anything. It's almost as if they've been bunged up and someone has cleaned them and its left a gap.

Sounds like you've rescued her from a boring life, and one from which she would be bound to have future health problems if she had remained in a tiny hutch.

She is :love: but I am very keen on frenchies!

she is beautiful, I have a orange frenchie boy:love::love: I had always wanted one and got one about a month ago. Well done for rescuing her:D she looks like Harriet to me

Back