• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what a mystery!

cazh

Warren Scout
I've just noticed that in Black-Jack's cage there is blood splattered up the side and on the hallway wall where his cage is up against, not much just a small line of tiny spots. It's dried so its not fresh blood and I checked him over but can't see any sign of him cutting himself..... then when I had him down in the living room running about I found a nail on the carpet... I picked him up and checked his front paws and his back feet and he definitely has all his nails. There's nothing in his cage or his in the living room that is sharp or could cause damage... He seems absolutely fine so I don't know where this random extra nail has come from and where the blood has come from.... it's a real mystery :? :?

I've just noticed that in Black-Jack's cage there is blood splattered up the side and on the hallway wall where his cage is up against, not much just a small line of tiny spots. It's dried so its not fresh blood and I checked him over but can't see any sign of him cutting himself..... then when I had him down in the living room running about I found a nail on the carpet... I picked him up and checked his front paws and his back feet and he definitely has all his nails. There's nothing in his cage or his in the living room that is sharp or could cause damage... He seems absolutely fine so I don't know where this random extra nail has come from and where the blood has come from.... it's a real mystery :? :?

Are you sure its not his dewclaw?

Are you sure its not his dewclaw?

Yeah I checked that - he definitely has all nails attached :? He wriggles when i check his back feet but i'm sure they're all there too. The blood is definitely dried. Is it normal for their claws to fallout?! He only had them cut a month or so ago...

Yeah I checked that - he definitely has all nails attached :? He wriggles when i check his back feet but i'm sure they're all there too. The blood is definitely dried. Is it normal for their claws to fallout?! He only had them cut a month or so ago...

Thats strange :? Im not really sure then. I dont think they can easily fall out..
Hopefully a more experience member will put some advice in. :D

It is possible it has come out of his back foot - he has been getting scared by the wind and rain we've had lately and he does have a tendancy to run about his cage like a mad bunny when he gets scared or wants out...

Are you sure it is blood as before my previous male was neutered he used to spray the wall and it did look like blood as their wee can be quite dark depending on what they have been eating. :?

Back