• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treating hutches?

Ankhyu

New Kit
Hi guys,

I've decided to take the plunge and get those two bunnies I was talking about.
I'm bringing the hutch home with me today, but I was just wondering, is it advisable to treat the wood so that it lasts longer with rain and such? Or would this harm the rabbits?

Hi guys,

I've decided to take the plunge and get those two bunnies I was talking about.
I'm bringing the hutch home with me today, but I was just wondering, is it advisable to treat the wood so that it lasts longer with rain and such? Or would this harm the rabbits?

There is a bun friendly substance not sure what it is though I'll wait for someone more helpful to come by:wave:

Any fence paint should be harmless to plants and animals. check the container just to be sure. the really good one's have a wax base to make them water resistant.

I asked this advice a few weeks ago and was told about the P@H wood stain. I bought some and the carpenter who has made my run says it's brilliant stuff:)

anyone used 'ronseal one-coat fence life' on hutches? it says its safe for plants and pets. just wanted to make sure before i start on my piggy residence.

Back