• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they always do it when I go on holiday???

natandfluffs

Alpha Buck
I went off on holiday a couple of weeks ago, and two days before leaving my boys had a little scuffle (just fur pulling and chasing) so I limited space etc, and left them grooming each other.

Three days into my holiday, I get a phone call from my bunny sitter, the boys have had a fight, and Merry has a hole in his ear, and she's seperated them into two pairs.

They're good as gold normally, but this happened (without the damage to ears) last time I went away in March too...

I've no idea what to do with them now, whether to re-bond, or just give up on my group....

It must be that they don't adapt to the change very well, or pick up on my anxieties about leaving them, as they are fine when I leave them with my parents...

No I keep them together at home; they are (were) a group of 4, so I keep them where they know and where they have a lot of space... mystery. The sitter has no rabbits but will go to the odd one or two...

All I can think of is they think either 'now Mum is gone we can take this lady for a bit of a ride' or their routine changes and it becomes 'Mum is gone, how will we get our next meal, oh I'll beat you up then I can eat yours'

But maybe its about before I go- I spend extra time cleaning and making sure they're settled, worrying whether they'll be ok so maybe they pick up on my anxiety?

Back