• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help please

amyandmillie

Young Bun
my rabbit has free run of the garden all day and the hutch door is always open, i was just wondering about rain,
so today we are going out for thw whole day and its meant to be on and off showers, she is out at the moment and it is dry but do i pt her in before i go out?
she hates going back in her hutch and is so so happy when free, i don't really want to pout her in her hutch for the whole day but also don't want her to be sick and miserable,

she has other shelter other than her hutch too, like under her hutch or inder the slide

I'd leave her (as long as you know she's safe from cats and foxes). My rabbits free-range and often choose to sit out in the rain. It'll be warm even if it's wet and she'll probably just shelter under her hutch. Is it low enough that you can wedge the door open so that she can hop in if she wants to?

yeah she can hop in whenever she wants the door is left open, we have no foxes in jersey and my cat and the other cats on the estate would never touch her, they seem to know the difference between pets and wild,

thanks xx i would feel mean leaving her locked in all day

The rain won't hurt her but a predator could. I would put her in when you aren't around to supervise for her own safety.
I'm a mean bunny mummy and I often put mine out in the rain (they can go back in if they want to) :)

I would still lock up all rabbits when you aren't around to supervise. The rain isn't really a problem, but there could be a dog that has escaped or a new fierce cat in the area. In the future I would get a nice secure run for when you are away from the house so she can still hop around without getting to bored.

thank you,
i will leave her out today and then get a run, our garden has high walls so a dog couldn't get in anyway
i will but a run next week

Back