• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OOps Look What I've Done...........

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Here's a photo of Noah who arrived as a foster bunny some weeks back. He had been given up by his previous owners who'd decided that getting two jack russells to go with their free range rabbit would be a plan. He lived in a garage in an undersized hutch by night and was out and about all day. They decided he had to go when both Jacks got him round the neck.

When he arrived, he had sore hocks, was in stasis for three days with no poo at all. He's just starting to see what it is you do with hay so we are now seeing some improvement but I feel it's going to be a long job. He does very poor poos and doesn't do them very often either. He's obviously got a very slow gut motility; I'm hoping that with all the running around that he is going to do in the future, it will improve.

IMG_2415.jpg

Here's another of our bunnies who came to foster when her owners emigrated to Australia. They had tried to get them a home on Pre-loved and someone posted a link on here. They were local so luckily they decided to let us take in their two lady bunnies. Sadly the day before they emigrated and brought them over, the white rex, Charley died. Harriet was terribly overweight and didn't like hay. Her poos were specks. Well we fell in love and decided to adopt her.

IMG_2408.jpg

This week I thought it was time to see if Noah was going to remain a permanent resident here at The Rabbit Crossing or if he would be re-homed through ARC. Well, we think he's staying! He and Harriet are in the process of being bonded and so far it looks like they are going to be good friends. Thank goodness as we have fallen well and truly in love with him. He's a big teddy bear.

Got to keep them confined for about another week I expect and then they will live indoors with us.:D

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

wow harriets lost soooooooooo much looks fab.:love: off to the duchess for bun fat fighters club :lol:

ive just noticed thats fresh willow isnt ? can they eat the leaves and twig fresh?, theres me been drying it :roll: moms willow tree really needs a huge prune

Last edited:
Awww, what a lovely couple. :love::love::love: Harriet isn't a spam chariot any more either; she's looking very trim. :love:

wow harriets lost soooooooooo much looks fab.:love: off to the duchess for bun fat fighters club :lol:

ive just noticed thats fresh willow isnt ? can they eat the leaves and twig fresh?, theres me been drying it :roll: moms willow tree really needs a huge prune

Yep Zoe, they love fresh willow. I'm so lucky as I have two wacking great trees at the end of the drive. All the buns love the leaves, and most like the stems.

Awww, what a lovely couple. :love::love::love: Harriet isn't a spam chariot any more either; she's looking very trim. :love:

:oops::oops: No you're right she's not a spam charriot any more. She's just Hazza or Hazmina Moo or Chazzmina - yeah I know, I've lost it. Noah is also called Nonnie No. :oops::oops:

Harriet was a big old bus when she arrived and weighed in at just under 6kgs with extreme flab, but fantastically because she loves to run around like a loon, she has lost the weight and not got loose bits. No big dewlap either thank goodness. She's now a very healthy 3.5kgs or thereabouts.

I love their names. :love::love:

And wow, that's an amazing weight loss. :D I'm sure Harriet feels loads better for it too.

I love their names. :love::love:

And wow, that's an amazing weight loss. :D I'm sure Harriet feels loads better for it too.

She is a different rabbit to the one that came in at Christmas. It's taken about 6 months to do it gradually but now she does the best poos ever! She now loves her hay and I'm hoping that Nonnie will learn how to love it too. Right now I think he has tooth root issues so he's not so keen.

So I finally get to see pics of Noah! He looks a lot like my Jack.... but it sounds like he's got a much nicer disposition :lol:

I swear you actually like bonding :shock: you're mad!! :lol:

So I finally get to see pics of Noah! He looks a lot like my Jack.... but it sounds like he's got a much nicer disposition :lol:

I swear you actually like bonding :shock: you're mad!! :lol:

Yeah, I do Kerry, I do like bonding despite the lack of sleep at times. To see these two who are sitting here next to me either snoozing (Spam is sitting chuntering her teeth as she dreams) or doing washy heads is just the best thing ever.

How anybody would want to keep a bunny on it's own and never see this is beyond me....

Bunny love is the best kind.:love::love:

Here's a photo of Noah who arrived as a foster bunny some weeks back. He had been given up by his previous owners who'd decided that getting two jack russells to go with their free range rabbit would be a plan. He lived in a garage in an undersized hutch by night and was out and about all day. They decided he had to go when both Jacks got him round the neck.

When he arrived, he had sore hocks, was in stasis for three days with no poo at all. He's just starting to see what it is you do with hay so we are now seeing some improvement but I feel it's going to be a long job. He does very poor poos and doesn't do them very often either. He's obviously got a very slow gut motility; I'm hoping that with all the running around that he is going to do in the future, it will improve.

IMG_2415.jpg

Here's another of our bunnies who came to foster when her owners emigrated to Australia. They had tried to get them a home on Pre-loved and someone posted a link on here. They were local so luckily they decided to let us take in their two lady bunnies. Sadly the day before they emigrated and brought them over, the white rex, Charley died. Harriet was terribly overweight and didn't like hay. Her poos were specks. Well we fell in love and decided to adopt her.

IMG_2408.jpg

This week I thought it was time to see if Noah was going to remain a permanent resident here at The Rabbit Crossing or if he would be re-homed through ARC. Well, we think he's staying! He and Harriet are in the process of being bonded and so far it looks like they are going to be good friends. Thank goodness as we have fallen well and truly in love with him. He's a big teddy bear.

Got to keep them confined for about another week I expect and then they will live indoors with us.:D

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

I've got that bunnies twin.... ill attach a pic soon

Back