• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vhd

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Just been to the vets with Button and she's had her myxi vac. The vet asked if I was going to have the VHD in two weeks and told me that there have been a few cases lately, so it's recommended.

She has been talking to the labs and they have confirmed VHD was the cause of death in some cases.

:(

I bet it causes a lot of deaths and goes unnoticed. :(

Strangely enough, my vet actually said that I could leave mine if I wanted as we don't see many cases up here and it's very rare :? I told her i'd rather vaccinate them so I don't have the problem of worrying about it. They normally use Cylap but she has ordered in some Lapinject for me and they are all off for their jabs on Tuesday :) xx

:(

I bet it causes a lot of deaths and goes unnoticed. :(

Strangely enough, my vet actually said that I could leave mine if I wanted as we don't see many cases up here and it's very rare :? I told her i'd rather vaccinate them so I don't have the problem of worrying about it. They normally use Cylap but she has ordered in some Lapinject for me and they are all off for their jabs on Tuesday :) xx

Hmmm...I didn't have Angel done for VHD because of her illness and was undecided about having Button done, but as there have been some cases I guess it's better safe than sorry :) xx

Hmmm...I didn't have Angel done for VHD because of her illness and was undecided about having Button done, but as there have been some cases I guess it's better safe than sorry :) xx

Yeah, I wouldn't vaccinate an unhealthy rabbit. I just couldn't live with the guilt if they caught something that was preventable. My sister won't vaccinate any of her rabbits :roll: That will change when they come here :lol:
xx

Back