• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Ozzie - Not eating :-( UD he seems to be fine now!

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Last night they were fine and ate like normal. This morning, Rolo ate her breakfast but Ozzie won't touch a thing. I've had him in and examined him -- nothing to worry about physically and no messy bum and I gave him a tummy massage. He seems to be moving ok and I've seen him clean himself. But he just won't eat.

Got a vet appointment booked at 12pm. There were none earlier but they did say that if he got worse to bring him in as an emergency.

Is there anything I can do before 12pm? I don't have any medicines at home that I could give him beforehand. What do you think it could be? He or Rolo have never had gut stasis before but I know that's the most likely cause. Also I'm not sure if this is relevant but I've noticed recently that he feels a bit boney when you stroke him and I just put that down to loosing his winter coat? Could that be something I should mention to the vet?

Thanks for any help - I'm really worried!
x

Last edited:
There isnt much you can do untill he has seen the vet as you dont know whether its a blockage so force feeding can do more harm than good.

Just try tempting him with some of this favourite foods and try to keep him moving.

Keep him warm. Try to get him to move round a little bit (it may start the gut moving) and plenty of fluids. Don't try to force feed as it may be a blockage. If he is moulting it could be hair.

Some people use papaya tablets as this helps to break down hair or fresh pineapple juice. You can get some from the help shop (pineapple flavour) in the short term. I use the Oxbow ones as there is no added sugar.

Hope it goes OK at the vet.

I agree, still better to be safe than sorry.

Some of mine have been 'off' today and I think it's due to the weather and how it affects them. hopefully it is something as benign for Ozzie but it never hurts to get them checked out.

Thanks - I'll still take him them. Currently he is ripping greens to pieces and eating vigorously! So i think he'll be fine now :)

Thanks everyone :)

Back