• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am worried about my bunnie

Dons1975

New Kit
Hi everyone my bunnie Jessica seems really quiet. Normally I have trouble getting her back into her hutch at night and last night I went out and she was already in in her corner - normally if i go out she comes running down her ramp to see me. This morning I have went out and opened up her run - she came to front of the hutch upstairs so i could stroke her nose but again wouldnt come downstairs. She is about 10 weeks old and I have had her for two weeks. Thanks

You know your bunny best. If she is behaving differently it's worth taking her to the vets for a check over. Better to be safe than sorry!

yes she is eating fine. I am wondering if something has maybe scared her?

She has now came out of her hutch and is out in her run eating grass.

You know your bunny best. If she is behaving differently it's worth taking her to the vets for a check over. Better to be safe than sorry!

I agree,keep an eye on her but if she seems quiet again then a trip to the vet is called for-best be on the safe side:)

I agree with Cat, don't ever feel silly for posting something like this.

Rabbits are EXCELLENT at causing us worry and then being ok and they do it to get treats and love :D It works so well because we care so much about our buns and know that when they act off we need to get them seen by a vet and so worry and stress about them and are relieved when they turn out to be ok. It's bunny manipulation at its best. And yet, the next time she seems off you have to take it as a genuine problem because its always better to be safe than sorry. She's got you wrapped around her little paw :D

id say the odd behavior is due to the onset of hormones at her age- make sure you get her neutered as she may act strangely , be at higher risk of cancer, become aggressive and pull her fur out constantly trying to make nests.

she is about the age now where her hormones will be kicking in.

Good luck. x Jemma

Back