• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Second Thoughts?

kgattrell

Alpha Buck
Why am I having second thoughts when I should be so excited about a new bunny coming to live with me. The room is already for him but I can't get rid of this feeling in my stomach - am I doing the right thing.. Is it just pre jitter nerves and I'm worried in case I mess up, is it a disloyal/guilt feeling that I've moved on from Yoshi so quickly. (not moved on as such as I still think of him every day)

How do I get rid of these feelings as I don't want it to affect any new relationship with the new bunny..

I know what you mean, im in turmoil just now as when to get another bunny.
Vibes that your tummy jitters go away and you get on great with your new bun x

Why am I having second thoughts when I should be so excited about a new bunny coming to live with me. The room is already for him but I can't get rid of this feeling in my stomach - am I doing the right thing.. Is it just pre jitter nerves and I'm worried in case I mess up, is it a disloyal/guilt feeling that I've moved on from Yoshi so quickly. (not moved on as such as I still think of him every day)

How do I get rid of these feelings as I don't want it to affect any new relationship with the new bunny..

I had to get a new bunny after Minstrel died pretty quickly because my other bunny Twix was obviously unhappy being on his own (he used to spend hours grooming a soft toy!). Whilst I still miss Minstrel terribly, Star has come along and made Twix happy again. I love her to bits, but it doesnt change anything about how I felt about Minstrel. You have room in your heart I am sure to love another bunny, and it doesnt detract from what you feel about Yoshi - and never will! Sendig you lots of vibes for you and your new bun! xx

You'll be fine hun. You may be feeling a bit guilty and/or you may feel scared at the thought of losing one again if that makes sense.

I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking "gulp, am I doing my best for my buns" - they have the ability to make you feel more guilty than kids!

You'll be fine hun. You may be feeling a bit guilty and/or you may feel scared at the thought of losing one again if that makes sense.

Definately makes sense, I'm scared that I might make a mistake and could lose him..

God I love this forum, where would I be without it... :love:

You've got so much love to give to a lovely bun. You're a great bunny mummy;) Think of all the good times you willl have with a new bun.

I had to get a new bunny after Minstrel died pretty quickly because my other bunny Twix was obviously unhappy being on his own (he used to spend hours grooming a soft toy!). Whilst I still miss Minstrel terribly, Star has come along and made Twix happy again. I love her to bits, but it doesnt change anything about how I felt about Minstrel. You have room in your heart I am sure to love another bunny, and it doesnt detract from what you feel about Yoshi - and never will! Sendig you lots of vibes for you and your new bun! xx

I felt the same when Princess left us, Charlie was only with her for 4 weeks, but she had such a big impact on him, and he was left so lonely, that I started looking just a few days after, and I felt so disloyal.

As you know, bunnies have their own personalities and character, so it is not as if you are being disloyal, its that you are doing what is best for you. I am sure Yoshi will be looking down and glad thatyou are happy and moving on, and also that the space he left is being given to another bun, who will live a long and happy life with you

Is the new bun a rescue?? I mean, think what youre doing for needy bunnies!!
This bunny will have a totally different personality to your beloved Yoshi.
Just enjoy.The heart is just like a blow up tent..It expands and fits everybun in!! Good luck.......and dont smack yourself too much!!!xxxxxx

It sounds like you are still grieving quite heavily for Yoshi and that is affecting how you feel about the new bun, which is completely understandable. Hopefully when your new bun has settled in and you have settled a bit more things will feel better and you can enjoy your bun :)

It sounds like you are still grieving quite heavily for Yoshi and that is affecting how you feel about the new bun, which is completely understandable. Hopefully when your new bun has settled in and you have settled a bit more things will feel better and you can enjoy your bun :)

I think I am still grieving he was my little baby - I still keep crying for no reason, I'm crying now just thinking about him.. I think I'll just have to play it day by day and remember he's not a replacement.. Hopefully with him being Yoshi's brother will make it easier ..

Thanks everyone for being so understanding and helpful, work colleagues don't quite understand..

Better dry my tears and get back to work :roll:

I think everyone gets jitters when they are about to get a new pet (I always do). I know when I took in the Chinese hamsters, the night before I felt sick because I was worried about how I would cope with them, the rabbits and everything else. It worked out fine though.

When I got Smokey, the decision was made for me because Floss had died and Inky needed a girlfriend.

Hugs

FC x

I was in the same situation as y ou. I lost my beautiful boy elliot and was (still am) heartbroken. Elliot was a rescue bun and i only had him for a couple of months before he passed away - but he was a special bun and we had the strongest of bonds. I got him for company for one of my buns as they were a trio and one was being left out more so i wanted to even up the numbers in the hope she wouldnt be so lonely. This worked great. When he died i knew i would get another rescue bun - as my thoughts always are - no matter how much i am hurting about elliot there are still hundreds of buns needing homes out there so why should i deny them one.

I think what you have to keep in mind is - that the new bun is not a replacementof your bun that passed - but an addition to your family. I think of elliot every day - but it helps me to know his memory isnt in vain as its helpnig another needy bun. The space you have for the bun you lost is in your heart.

Everyone deals with grief differently - and i found this was the right way to go for me. Although its hard - try not to compare the new bun to the one who passed. Accept the new one as a totally different personality and that should help you cope better

Take care a nd enjoy y our new bunny

Back