• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to make a single house bun happy?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Well Fudge isnt allowed a friend :cry: and ive had a big fallen out with my mum and dad because of it and now Fudge has to suffer and be a lonely house bun :cry:

So how can i make her happy?

She has toys, all shapes and sizes.
She has boxes but they just get sat on, never chewed :(
She has blankets and towels to dig at but she just sits on them :(
She has tunnels and she goes through them occasionally!
She has 2 trays full of grass growing for her.
She never binkies and hasnt doen since 4 weeks old and living with her brothers :(
She rarely flops, mostly when shes too hot :(

She is very cuddly and could just lie down and cuddle me for hours and half the time i fall asleep on the floor :oops:

I had to get rid of her teddies as she just peed on them before her neuter :roll: so need hairless teddies but dont know where to get them???

Any ideas how to make her happier? Its either try to make her happy or....:cry: Rehome her to give her the chance of happiness :cry: but i dont want to unless i have to do it to make her happy :cry: *cry everytime i think about it *

Oh sorry hun you never know they might come round. Treat ball to keep her busy, cardboard boxes filled with treat hay, dried herbs and pellets. Stuffing toilet rolls with hay with dried herbs and pellets in the middle. What about making her a cardboard castle. Honey lives in hers :roll: Spending lots of time with her they sleep during the day anyway so when you are out at work she will be sleeping. Change her toys around helps as it gives her something to explore. Tunnels can't think of anything else.

Sorry to hear this :( is there any chance you can bond her with one of your other rabbits or have I mistaken your signature? Im sure someone will come a long with some more useful suggestions sorry Im a newbie! :roll:

xxx

Sorry to hear this :( is there any chance you can bond her with one of your other rabbits or have I mistaken your signature? Im sure someone will come a long with some more useful suggestions sorry Im a newbie! :roll:

xxx

This is is not a bad idea...how about trying her with your male pair?

So sorry they said no...did you show them the pictures from your couple's thread? xxx

This is is not a bad idea...how about trying her with your male pair?

So sorry they said no...did you show them the pictures from your couple's thread? xxx
I had 3 bun group when I was young, two boys and a girl. Both boys were neutered but in those days they didnt spay does unless there was a medical issue.

They got on SO well :love: such a cute group huddled together. You could sneak your two boys in to have 3 house bunnies ;)

When her parents were in the house she used to go over to them and put her head down for kisses and they attacted her, and when they went to her cage they still attacked her even when she only wanted kisses :(

Her and Skye had a major falling out when they were younger and when they smell each other they go mental, they have never forgotten that fight and neithet have i :cry: It was horrible, they were both scratched and bitten and fur was flying :cry:
Plus my two males live with their daddy at his house :(

I pleaded with them and showed them pics and all they said was "I dont care every animal can live on its own, and so will Fudge" :evil:

She seems happy when she is eating, she is always looking for food and is just now munching on dried plantain :) She runs around like a looney when shes getting food and sometimes does little binkies :love:

I have just made her a cardboard castle and put a towel in the top tower and she has been lying in there :D and im ordering a cardboard guy house for her tomorrow night so will be here next week hopefully :)

She loves sitting high up on things to be at the same level as me, i dont let her on my bed as she used to wee on it :roll: and i dont know whats shes like now shes been spayed, might try it and put a litter tray up there just incase :)
And i think im going to teach her to be a free range bunny so she is never shut away :)

I will do anything to make her happy and for me to keep her. without Miss Fudge i wouldnt have a purpose, she is my little baby and i love her so much. Im going to go to P@H tomorrow and get some new willow toys as they are her fave :)

I hope she is happy deep down :(

You are doing a great job by getting down to her level - lying on the floor with her - & stroking her. Sounds as if that's what shes been wanting all her life.
Is the garden secure to let her have a run out with you - she may like that as much as toys.

When her parents were in the house she used to go over to them and put her head down for kisses and they attacted her, and when they went to her cage they still attacked her even when she only wanted kisses :(

Aw is there a rescue near you who could help you try again, on neutral territory? Might make all the difference

Hi, I started with two rabbits - Bugs & Star and they had 2 litters. From the 2nd litter there were two rabbits with eye issues and there was no way I could re-home them but I knew the only way I could keep them was to bond all 4. The mum star turned on the babies when they were 6 wks so I didn't know how it would go.

I have since had all 4 neutered and now all 4 live happily together in a shed. Maybe if someone else could bond your bunnies it might work?

I don't know anything about bonding rabbits I'm afraid.
My house rabbit lives on his own and I really want to get him bonded but believe it or not its my O/H stopping me not parents any more:oops:
What you need to do is give it time and learn how to persuade them without them realising it. (Trust me this works!)
Do you go to pet shops or rescue centres with them?
Just say what one do you like etc.
Also you could get someone who works there to say that to make her happy you need to keep her with another one.
Or maybe get them to post on this link why you cant have one and let all these guys tell them different!:lol:
Any way I think you are doing a great job with her and try not to worry.:)
Katherine

Back