• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

free food sample question...

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
Hi all,

a friend of mine gave me a bag of free "Alpha Molassed Rabbit".
I'm not entirely sure what it is, ingredients are...

rolled oats
rabbit pellets
cooked flaked peas
grass pellets
cooked flaked maize
cooked flaked barley
extruded wheat discs (!!??)
whole wheat
molasses
locust beans
minerals and vitamins
e.c. permitted colours

seems like alot of rubbish to me, and it looks like bark chippings!!

should i try him with it or just chuck it in the bin?

emily x

What does the nutrition information say? In a way that's more important than the ingredients list - I'm sure if we read our bags of pellets too closely we'd find things in there we're not happy with, as long as there's nothing outrageously dangerous, it's more about the quantities and overall balance of each item :)

If you're not planning on sticking with it after the freebie though, there seems little point in getting their guts used to it, unless you just mix it in in such small quantities that its nutrition content doesn't really matter.

emily x

What does the nutrition information say? In a way that's more important than the ingredients list - I'm sure if we read our bags of pellets too closely we'd find things in there we're not happy with, as long as there's nothing outrageously dangerous, it's more about the quantities and overall balance of each item :)

If you're not planning on sticking with it after the freebie though, there seems little point in getting their guts used to it, unless you just mix it in in such small quantities that its nutrition content doesn't really matter.

Ive already thrown it in the bin!! when i opened it and had a sniff, the suger was overwhelming!

i appreciate what you said though, but i don't think it would be a regular supply!!

emily x

Back