• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possible to bond in this situation??

davemulheran

Warren Scout
Hi all

Ralph (male house rabbit) is about 3 years old now and is VERY spoilt!

Has the run of the house to himself all day and wont use cages to sleep in so sleeps under our bed at night! (towels down, hay under there and toys / food&water!!)

Would it be wise to consider a friend for him? or is he past the point of being able to bond with a newcomer?

thks

Dave

You don't know until you try. If you want him to have a friend then you may have to take him for dates and such to find the lady he wants as a friend.

On a side note, remember that adding a new rabbit might mean a bit of a lifetsyle change for him and you, so be prepared :)

You will need a neutral area - but you can send bun away & let rescue bond him for you. I do have a bit of an issue with one of my pairs. Girlie bun isn't that friendly - boy bun is. She's getting better & if I stroke/feed her first he nips me or her - it seems to be improving now, but was painful for a while:roll::lol::love:

he sounds just like my B.Shes almost 3 & I thought she would be too spoilt to bond but she has now got a husbun.Shes still bolshy but loves her new friend!

Aww, Ralph sounds like he has the nicest life, I guess the question is whether or not he'll want to share!?;)

I had a very spoilt single male house bun and although he was a bit territorial at first, he and his girlfriend are now inseparable and it's so sweet to see.

I would take him to a rescue and introduce him to a few girls (one at a time, obviously) and see how he gets on. It will be obvious if he takes a liking to one of them. If so, the rescue might be able to bond for you or, as others have said, you'll need to keep them together in a small neutral area for a while until they're bonded. Bear in mind that a new bun might not already be litter trained and might take some time to adjust to Ralph's lifestyle.

Back