• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much water does you bun's drink in a day

shannon321

Alpha Buck
with my bun bun being my first rabbit ever i'm not sure how much they should be drinking and because i only have smaller pets she seems to drink a huge amount of water! she has a 500ml bottle that she can easily drink a third of in one sitting and i refill it morning and evening! She also has a bowl in her run so i dnt know how much she drinks from this?

Its hard to know - my pairs have the largest size (1.1L) and will often drink it between them in a day in the summer - not so much in the winter tho.

Are you saying your bun drinks the equivilant of this on her own as that does seem slightly alot?

Mine all vary.

Since getting my new boy, Edgar, my Barney-bun seems to match him sip for sip... Which is good, as Barney barely drank anything before. They're on the grass all day, and are given veggies in the morning, both of which hold some water... But they seem to drink a couple of inches worth or water from their bottles over night.

Normal water consumption is 50-100ml/kg/24 hours
Rabbits fed alot of fresh veg tend to drink less than those who are not

well bunny's out on grass all day and gets fresh food everyday, she always got hay and gets a small egg cup of pellets in the evening.
i very rarely see her drinking from her bowl in the un and if i put her bottle out on the run she never touches it so i dont bother anymore but once she's in for the evening, i'd say most nights she drinks just under the full 500ml in the bottle, theres allways some in there but not much, its more that she drinks so much in one sitting that worris me and the fact she doesn't seem to drink anything in the day but lots at night...

Back