• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BedExcel......anyone used it?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I tried to get megazorb today but couldnt and the man who owns the farm said about BedExcel, its chopped cardboard and he said it will do the same job as megazorb!
I have heard of it but dont know if its ok to use? If it is, is it any good?

I bought a bag but havent uesd any yet, thought id make sure first:wave:

I currently use Finacard with my piggies, but with a layer of Magazorb underneath for absorbency. I like it as it doesn't get caught up in hay and accidentally ingested.

We use Excel Bed down and have never had any problems. I even called up the manufacturers techincal info department to check it was safe for buns and small pets first. It's a dust free shaving and wheatstraw mix (though more straw to be honest) and it also has lemonbalm in it so it helps to keep flies away too:D

I've used Ecopetbed which is basically the same - it's not harmful but I found it did need cleaning out a little more often. Mixed half and half with Megazorb, it worked a lot better and saves a bit of the cost too though

Back