• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please May I Have Some Vibes?

Michelleox

Mama Doe
My Amber is in for spay tomorrow morning and i'm so nervous. I know it's not much compared with what some of your buns are going through but i love my little bunny and i've go so many lovely plans for her afterwards. I'm petrified of teh worst happing.

Just some moral support would be so much appreciated:(

Thanks guys. I just hate looking at her tonight when she's merrily got about her bunny business and playing and not knowing whats going to happen tomorrow:shock:

Liz, thanks for the email;)

Sending mega vibes hope it all goes OK I'm sure it will. I'm on my induction tomorrow so should be home earlier so email me if you need to chat.

Just an update.

Vets have just called to say she's just waking up and lifting her head. Op went ok and she had her teeth done as well ( she's not been eating hay much since her last dental but in the last 3 weeks has been eating it and he future husbun will hopefully encourage her to eat more)

I have to call the vets at 2 too see how she is.

The nurse commented that she is a 'very fiesty madam' and explained it took two vets to administer the meds:oops: ( I did warn them she can be stroppy!)

Now what do i do? This stage of coming round, what happens etc? Ii think i'm even more worried now:?

Sorry to be a pain:?

I've rang the vets and they said that she can come home about 6pm provided she has eaten and i'm to call back at 4 to see how she is.

I mentioned to the vet this morning about my concern about keeping her indoors as she hates it and how this may affect her recovery. She said they could keep her in at the vets but they only have someone coming in every few hours to check and feed the animals during the night, so not on site all the way through. Do i bring her home to her indoor cage in the kitchen or let her stay in the vets? She doesn't like the vets and she doesn't like being in the kitchen and willcertainly won't like me when i bring her home:shock:

Sorry to be a pain:?

I've rang the vets and they said that she can come home about 6pm provided she has eaten and i'm to call back at 4 to see how she is.

I mentioned to the vet this morning about my concern about keeping her indoors as she hates it and how this may affect her recovery. She said they could keep her in at the vets but they only have someone coming in every few hours to check and feed the animals during the night, so not on site all the way through. Do i bring her home to her indoor cage in the kitchen or let her stay in the vets? She doesn't like the vets and she doesn't like being in the kitchen and willcertainly won't like me when i bring her home:shock:

I would bring her home. She really does need to stay inside because she has had an anesthetic. I think it would aid her recovery more if she was with someone familiar.

Back