• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Damm Cylap! Sootys poorly :(

*fluffybunny*

Warren Scout
Sooty went for his Cylap on Monday and he's acting really quiet again. This is his second one and he was poorly after his first one last year.
I hoped that his second one wouldn't be as bad as he's had it before but he's just sitting in the corner of his cage and hopping really slow, like his back legs are all floppy. I have spoken to the vet who has advsied that I give metacam and keep an eye on him.
At the time of vaccination the vet also said that he had the very start of slight spurs on his back molars, she said as he's very sensitive ( she knows him so well lol) he will probobly need a denatal soon but she wont do one until he's got over his cylap.
Can i have vibes for Sooty please? and I have mentioned Lapinject to my vet but she said they use cylap and dont usually have many probs with it?
My other buns have always been fine with it.

Poor sooty, sending him lots of good vibes hope he feels better soon.

My vet had never heard of lapinject before when I requested it when they went in for their myxi. If they don't or won't get it in then I will go elsewhere simple as. I have heard so many awful things about cylap I will not let it happen to my buns.

Sending him some feeling better vibes.

If your vet won't get the Lapinject for next time, you should go elsewhere (just for the VHD) but explain to them why. One medicine does not suit all!

Poor Sooty :cry:

I would insist your Vet orders the Lapinject for you next time.
Personally I would never allow a Bun in my care to have a Cylap VHD Vaccine

I hope Sooty soon feels better

xx

Poor Sooty :cry:

I would insist your Vet orders the Lapinject for you next time.
Personally I would never allow a Bun in my care to have a Cylap VHD Vaccine

I hope Sooty soon feels better

xx

Especially not one who reacted to it last time! :roll:
I hope Sooty feels better soon too. My bun had this a few years ago and it was quite worrying to see. He was ok the next day so i'm hoping Sooty is now as well. :)

Edited to say :roll: = your vet! not you :)

Thanks everyone :)

Sootys still not himself :( he is eating but thats cause hes on metacam, he seems to be doing everything in slow motion, like hes floppy. He is trying to binky though.
I feel so awful, he was bad before but he was only 11 weeks when he had it last time and as my other buns have been fine with it I put it down to him being so young and hoped that as he'd had it before he'd be OK this time.
Theres no way he's having it again next year, I will ask for lapinject, my vet had heard of it but says that they use cylap and rarley see probs with it.
I will have to go elsewhere if they wont get it in, though only for that as i have a great rapor with my vet and she is very bunny savvy, keeping buns herself.
Thanks for all Sootys vibes xx

Back