• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bad bunny mummy :(

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Have been grooming Moo - pulling out tufts and brushing her which she hates and was struggling and panicking. She's shedding absolute handfuls and it's hanging off her and going everywhere, so thought I better do it.

As I lifted her into conservatory she jumped down & hit the run - when I looked she was bleeding everywhere and she has ripped her toenail right off.

I've bathed it but she has struggled like mad and managed to fall again. So now she is sat panting like anything. I feel such a bad mummy :cry: :cry:

Oh hon. It's not your fault. Buns can be such wriggly monsters sometimes. Has she moved around on her own? might be a good idea to see if you can tempt her to so check everythings still working ok.
I'm sure she's fine though. Just a little bit cross and shaken up.
Hugs for you both.
x

Awww hun don,t beat yourself up about it, accidents do happen.Have you any cornflour to stop the bleeding?
I once cut one of my piggies nail too short and she was bleeding:cry:

aww don't worry, i think most people have done this at some point! seriously I see threads on it all the time. sorrel pulled her dew claw out a couple of times, blood everywhere, I felt awful :cry:

aww don't worry, i think most people have done this at some point! seriously I see threads on it all the time. sorrel pulled her dew claw out a couple of times, blood everywhere, I felt awful :cry:

I'm glad it's not just me then. I am plastered in blood - it's all up my arms!!

there is a surprising amount isn't there - I can't be faffed searching for the thread but when she did it first I posted in a mad panic cos I thought she'd opened an artery or something :shock:

Rocky's pulled a claw off before. It's a lot scarier than the damage caused. If that makes sense. She'll probably be in a mood with you for a bit though. My two wont come near me now cos they know I'm on tuft patrol. :lol:

Back