• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Vet in Ilkeston/Derby

Joh619

Alpha Buck
Hey up,

I'm hoping to get Nora spayed in a couple of weeks, now that she's getting used to people and I actually have a vague hope of being able to get hold of her :? I've looked on websites for lists of vets that are good with rabbits, and have found a few, but just thought I'd ask if anyone local had any personal experience with any vets around here? I live near Ilkeston (between Derby and Nottingham, but I don't really know Nottingham very well).

Also, I know my bunnies havn't had VHD vac's and if they have had mixi vacs it was about 6months ago (rescue lady was very vague on this:() So I want to get them vaccinated too. Can this be done at the same time as spaying, or would I have to make 3 separate trips?

no you will need 3 seperate trips i would suggest do myxi first... then vhd in 2weeks then give it 2weeks minimum to allow teh immune system to cope then think about the spay.xx

:wave: Hi I am in Sandiacre. My two large girls were spayed last year at Ashfield house vets just down the road in Long Eaton see www.ashvet.co.uk they are certaily not the cheapest vets around and some people I know will go there because of the prices but I have been with them for years and so have friends and family and we have always found them to be excellent with Rabbits, Cats, Dogs, Hamsters, rats, ferrets & snakes (to name but a few :D). The only animal they seemed a little hesitant with was my sister-in-laws bearded dragon! I think they cost me £70 ish each but I cant really remember - I know they cost more than my boy cat! Wouldnt recomend Dove Vets in Stapleford (I had a bad experience with them when they first opened).

Back