• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am A idiot... How could i be so stupid!!! REALLY ANGRY WITH MYSELF

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
I have been a complete :censored:

I have been having a few health problems lately and been very depressed but my two boys always cheer me up.

Anyway i always see to them no matter how ruff i feel they are my babies... but as i have said before they are not bonded so live in hutches/run etc next to each other but they don't get on so are kept seperate.

Well the other day i went down and got gizmo out and brought him indoors with me for company :) then a couple hours later after lots of bunny kisses etc i put gizmo back and got yoshi out. but as the weather was fine i decided to let him have the house and garden to play in.

Anyway i was in doing dishes and realised i hadn't seen yoshi for about 15mins. so i looked out in the garden....and sat in the middle of thier summer house was gizmo.....:? at first i was like ah there he is but then realised the wrong bunny was out...

I looked at gizmo's hutch and i hadn't closed it properly :( So i rushed down there looking for yoshi as he is the older male and always been a bit nasty to gizmo given the chance... as i approached gizmo shot under yoshi's hutch and i could hear them scrapping there was fur everywhere... i got them out [ and bit several times in the process and got them seperated.

Gizmo had a few small dig marks on him.... but poor yoshi was a right mess 4bleeding bites on his back and his tummy had all scatches on it and fur missing he also had a deep gash to his ear :cry::cry:

I took both to the vets straight away and they were both treated for shock and yoshi was given a jab for pain and some solution to clean his wounds.

They are both on the mend now but i keep having nightmares about it now which wake me up panicing and i am paraniod everytime i go down to them....
Well lets say its like a OCD i check and check again the hutches. I feel so bad for letting this happen :cry::cry::cry:

oo hun these things sometimes happen, please don't be too angry with yourself, hope they are ok now and also you (bitten and scratched no doubt) xx

aw hun these things happen, at least you got them to the vet and they aren't too badly hurt. hope they make a full recovery and don't beat yourself up, it happens to the best of us.

mistakes happen. everyone here has made them and everyone here will make them in the future. Unfortunately, we are human, which means we are fallible and make mistakes.

All anyone can do when they realise they have made a mistake is to learn from it and do all you can to right the situation. the fact you are checking shows you have learnt and the fact you took them to the vets shows that you are doing everything you can to right the situation. that's all anyone can do.

Try not to beat yourself up about it.

Thank you all but i can't forgive myself. Yoshi's ear is scared now as the bite went through to the cartlidge but his wounds have healed well.

As for me my bites etc are healing nicely got cream for one of them which was a nasty one [ gizmo hanging onto my bit between forefinger and thumb by his teeth] but the thing i can't believe is we always thought yoshi was the one who didn't like gizmo [as he is the bun we have had the longest] but as it turns out its the other way around..... bonding these two is a deffinate no no now. We so wanted them to be friends. we were just starting to decide when we were going to try again but they decided for us.... so now they will be neighbours and nothing more :cry:

Poor you,its not easy remembering everything all the time.You did the best thing and took them to the vets.I hope you all feel better soon x

Poor you what a shock! At least you were there when it happened and were able to stop them and get them to the vets asap.

Please dont beat yourself up about it. Mistakes happen you didnt do it in purpose.

it's the same with ted and petal they just hate each other. i tried twice and thats it with them two no more. it will take a while for the feelings to die down but they will pass.

Don't beat yourself up it could happen to anyone at least you all lived to fight (or hopefully not fight!) another day.

I had a shock yesterday when I looked out the kitchen window to find Fizz's bedroom door open, rushed out heart in my mouth, scanning the garden for a white bunny only to find him sitting in the bedroom with the door blowing wide - hadn't thought to come out - or maybe been out and hopped back in before I saw him!

Mistakes do happen, two of mine got to each other last year and were literally only together for 15 seconds or so as I was there to seperate, but it nearly cost Phoebe her life....and I ended up with a £450 vet bill. :(

I may be thinking of someone else, but didn't this happen not so long ago with your two.... If that's the case maybe it is worth housing them completely away from each other just incase. I have one female who would literally kill any of the other rabbits so she is in the house, and only allowed out in the garden if all other rabbits are locked away. I don't even let her out if she has access to them via a run or hutch, as she causes too much aggro and will go to great lengths to get to another rabbit!

Back