• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Neuter

Was this helpful to you too?

• Yes, very.

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Yes, mildy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Just looking.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SleepyJess

New Kit
Hi Everyone,

I had my 6 month old netherland dwarf Bun, Dixie, neutered just over a week and a half ago after talking to other bunny owners and the vets. :)

However, since we have had him done, he has been so naughty it's untrue! He was really loving and well behaved before but he's started tipping over his litter tray, not letting us pick him up and just being generally naughty.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows what I could do??

Thanks everyone,

Jess

Sounds like he's not impressed with the whole thing and who can blame him??!! :lol: Yes, we have had hundreds of bunnies neutered and they respond in loads of different ways from sulking, to nipping, to nothing at all - give him a bit of time to get over it and I'm sure you'll see your loving lad come round.

yep took petal ages to soften up again, it's very normal. It's just his wee harmones are all over the place. he will calm down. promise and welcome to RU :wave:

Thanks both!

:)

Chole - I was at your fat fluffs open day a few weeks ago! How random's that?! Looking at adopting a Bunny once Dixie's settled abit!

Ted and Petal - Thank you! I'm glad that this is normal. :)

xxxx

It has helped my lot loads.

No wee spraying,
digging at carpets,
Chewing things their not sypposed to :roll:
Not weeing EVERYWHERE but in their litter trays,
Less grumpy,
MUCH Happier :D
And can have a friend to share their life :love:

is the poll was the nueter helpful to your bunny? if yes then i want to vote yes....
(jsut claryfying)
reasons
dora: unspayed females 80% get uterine cancer and die... yup i lost one to this before...
she stopped sitting on the deck ripping out her fur and having a painful sore bald tummy... and the stress of phantom pregnancys
she stopped being possessive over my hamster who she obviously felt was her kit poor confused dora
she doesnt bite anymore...tho does still lunge at me

arthur: stopped continuous humping of dora and deosnt spray quite so often.
coco: no major change really except he is less possessive over me and doesnt hump my leg..yes my leg....x

i had a mini lop once and when we had him done he turned naughty and seemed to want to attack me for a month afterwards, after that he was back to his old loving self:lol:

Hi
My Elvis is the same same it is nearly three weeks since his op but he has changed so much. he was such a good boy littler tray was used constantly, he was so clean and he was such a sweet little bunny now he is dropping poo's everywere and chewing everything.

Then i introduced him to Gizmo and he's is alot worse getting up to alsorts i think i clean up more after them than my three boys.
I am hoping he will settle down again and start being a good bunny.

I have no advice sorry i'm just saying it happened to me too

Back